New program makes life with Diabetes a little easier

Hello everyone. I've been working on this for quite a while and with a little bit of help from those in the TAGers United group I've written a program that will help everyone who is taking insulin and counting carbs whether you're pumping or MDI. I call it D-Cal just because I thought that sounded catchy.

D-Cal uses your ratios and calculates both insulin and carb intake as well as calculating for protein and fat if you are TAGing. It is a completely free program that and it works on any device that can connect to the internet. I've tested it with Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera and it works in all browsers.

I have also created a version that was designed to run on my iPhone that has been tested on Android devices called iD-Cal. iD-Cal should work on any phone that can access the world wide web.

I've tested these programs quite a bit over the past few months and trust the calculations 100%. I actually trust D-Cal more than I trust my own OmniPod PDM so it works pretty well.

Anyway! I just wanted to get this out there since I think you'll all really like it.

D-Cal
Insulin &Carb Calculator

iD-Cal
Insulin & Carb Calculator
for iPhone

If for some reason those links don't work or you just want to type the address into your phone's web browser...

D-Cal is at: http://jdrinc.webatu.com/D-Cal.html
iD-Cal is at: http://jdrinc.webatu.com/iD-Cal.html

If you LOVE it, let me know. If you HATE it (even though I can't understand how you could hate something as awesome as this) let me know anyways. I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.

< !-- Jared -- >

Well, it's been a few weeks and I know that the programs are being used but I haven't heard anything from anyone.

How does everyone like these programs?
Is this something that you are using on a regular basis?
Is there anything that you don't like about the programs?
Have those of you who are not using TAG looked into it?
Anything that you'd like to see added?

I love it and I used it everyday. I was actually a little frustrated when my phone's battery died last week and I had to rely on my pump to calculate my doses. It's a great little program!

If you're using it I'd love to hear from you.

using library for internet till my 'puter comes back. will try his program as soon as I can.