Information on this page represents a sample of the content available on the internet, curated by members of the community and sponsored by Diabetes Hands Foundation. This is not an exhaustive list of online resources, but may be viewed as a good place to begin your search.
Diabetes is a chronic disease marked by high levels of sugar in the blood. There are many types of diabetes. Here you will find helpful tips and information when you have been recently diagnosed.
Relevant links discussions, blogs or groups for people recently diagnosed with diabetes.
- What is diabetes?
- Diagnosis of Diabetes
- Diabetes Glossary - a somewhat comprehensive list of terms to help you make sense of things...
- Commonly Used Acronyms
- Melitta's Top Ten Tips for the Newly Diagnosed Person with Adult Onset Type 1 Diabetes
- US Centers for Disease Control Diabetes Resource page
- What is a glucose meter, and how do they work?
- How to properly and safely dispose of needles
for people recently diagnosed with diabetes.
- Learn about diabetes (A1C, Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol)
- Manage your diabetes
- Get Routine Care to Avoid Problems
- Taming the Tiger: a free downloadable book to help you on your first year with diabetes
- ACT1: Adults Coping with Type 1 Diabetes
- diaTribe piece: How Many Factors Actually Affect Blood Glucose?