New to the Pump - Air bubbles

I try my best to make sure that there are no air bubbles when I fill the reservoir. I hold the pump upright to prime until I think I don’t see any more air bubbles. But when it’s time to change the reservoir (or sometimes if I’m curious and I look), I see air bubbles. What’s the best way to get rid of these? I’ve tried disconnecting from the pump and doing large boluses until they’re gone, but then this screws up my ability to use the bolus wizard.

Any tips for me?

Kathy , I am not computer savvy …so need to explain , that I am aware of at least two discussions on this so very important topic with lots of tips .
Maggie started a discussion , November 22, 2008 " airbubbles in Infusion set " and Microwave on Sept. 2008 , "paradigm reservoir bubbles " …hope this is helpful …on the other hand I know some people will be able to direct you towards simelar discussions at a much simpler way .I know too , there is a video somewhere, which really helped me .Good luck .

Thanks nel peach. I was able to find some of the discussions. Very helpful! Didn’t know the temperature of my insulin made a difference.

Kathy, I also learned that from this community. Temperature makes a BIG difference. Try filling your pump with room temperature insulin next time and I hope that you will have a better experience.

The pump companies should really write this in their manuals!

Thanks for this - I have had Eric on the pump two days now and both nights have lost a LOT of sleep to the fact that I found him sky high with air bubbles in the tubing–I had no idea that you could be careful about getting the cartridge bubble-free and still have a problem. The suggestions here will help.

Kathy, I too learned about this here on TuDiabetes. This community is just great. I think I learn something every week about this wonderful D.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their information. It’s been a month or two of practice now and I have minimal/no problems with air bubbles. I mentioned the room temp thing to my diabetes nurse working with me on pump training at the time and she said “oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about that.” Thank you again!