Newly launched tresiba

i am ravinder from india , i have two little diabetic daughters, tdy i heard about new insulin triseba , with action time more than 48 hourse . can any one of you using this insulin , pls guide me .thanks .

Hello Ravinder, I doubt you will find someone here that has experience with the new insulin Triseba. I heard from studies that it was quite successful in covering the basal needs for 2 days. Especially the T2 group showed improvements in control - for the T1 group it was not that obvious. I am not sure how the 2 day pattern is handled without confusion:

Monday: 8:00 AM 10 units Triseba
Wednesday: 8:00 AM 10 units Triseba

By comparison 2 injections of Levemir per day or 1 to 2 injections of Lantus per day might be equally successful. But less injections will be less stressful for you as parents. Have you information about the pricing of Levemir, Lantus and Treshiba in India?

Where do you get the information about insulin active time of 48 hours ?
I have a pdf release by the company that say you need to unject one dose every day .
If you waant you can read tje document is atached below,by the way its in portuguese

1367-anx_124987_pt.pdf (1.61 MB)

The information I have found claims that technically the insulin degludec is active for up to 42 hours. I would assume that it will always last longer than 24 hours from the studies on T2 patients I have heard of. Not necessarily this means that you can use one shot every second day. I expect it will vary with body weight, insulin resistance and degludec dosage. So the pattern of application might vary from every day, every 1 and 1/2 days (which would be complicated) up to every second day (might work for children). The study I am referring to is critical about every second day. We will see how different types of patients will react. I am convinced it will be a bigger spectrum like we see with Lantus and even Levemir.

The pacients using deglutec take a shot every day .

this insulin have only one good thing is less prone to create hypoglycemia events .
You should read the instrotion paper that came with the insulin its right there one shot per day not 1 every to days

"Tresiba é uma insulina basal para administração subcutânea uma vez ao dia, a qualquer hora do dia,
preferencialmente Ă  mesma hora todos os dias."

Use google translator on citation above ,itd not me that say that its the manufacturer .

Lantus claims to be a 24 hour insulin although it will cover only 20-22 hours for most users. Even Levemir is marketed as an 24 hour insulin in the US although it can not cover 18 hours evenly. In Germany the insulin Levemir is generally recommended for two shots per day. They all have their reasons for these little nuances: competition, marketing, preferences of the local market, safety, restrictions by the FDA and so forth.

The study published in the lancet shows the potential of degludec. In this case the study came to the conclusion that 48 hours are not fully covered. This does not mean that it can only cover 24 hours. In studies with T2 patients I heard that 36 hours have been the sweet spot. The 36 hour pattern is a bit complicated to follow. Thus it is easy to understand why Novo is prefering to recommend one shot every day. But this every day pattern has risks in my opinion because multiple shots of degludec will definitely overlap. We will see how this levels out...

Novo says its a 24h action basqal insulin.So there shoul not exist overlap of insulin dose.

The 48 h action time is just publicity because on the papers that vame with insylin box they are very clear about that.

Remember this insulin is already available in europe in 2 pdiferent pens.

Hi Ravinder: Lantus only lasts 22 hours for my daughter and she is now off the pump so we recently switched to Tresiba (it’s been less than a month). The information as to duration is confusion; technically it is in the system for 48 hours, but not as strongly. You do dose once a day, not once every other day. But if you are out and miss a dose, it is forgiving on the timing. If you are two or three hours late, no problem. According to the endo, it is the flatest basal on the market, most reliable. But I have seen a drop anywhere from eight to 12 hours after injection. There seems to be a four hour time period when her blood sugar drops more than it should. However, that is overnight and also the time period when she needs less basal insulin. And her blood sugar is still too high from 7pm to 1am, because that is the time period she has always needed 20 percent more insulin. In short, while the insulin may be flat, her basal patterns are not! If there is a peak or a time when this insulin is stronger, I will be able to tell once she goes back to college. She will then dose from 7am to 9am. If that insulin is peaking, it will then peak 12 hours after injection at the time of her highest basal need and that really would be perfect. On school breaks she doesn’t get up until 11 am or noon. I will let you know. But it’s a good basal, lasts 24 hours for sure. Never as good as a pump, but the next best thing so far.

Yes, It is active for 48.his but injected once a day. From my readings this gives a very flat profile and countwrs dawn phenomenon well. I have a samplw vial in my fridge to try when i finish my current levemir pen.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you wrote, but Tresiba is a long-acting basal insulin and Apidra is a rapid-acting insulin. One should not be substituted for the other…

Hi you, are right. It should be levemir not aphidra. And talk, of life imitating my mistake i just took 10 units of aphidra instead of levemir. How dumb! So now I’m eating white bread and drinking oversweetened tea and am going to be checking every 30 mins, instead of going for a jog as planned. :frowning: . This is my second time to make such a mistake (i even now have my 2 insulins in two different bags). I fear for what is going to happen to me when i am old if i make this type of mistake now.

@JustLookin – Give yourself credit for catching the error in time to counteract the impending crash!

Ha, I have had that happen before. Except I took 35 units of novolog instead of lantus… I was drowning myself in oj for like 20 minutes.

1 Like

I am currently very sensitive to insulin. had 2 breakfasts both including large amounts of carbs (more than i usually have in a month - very sweet tea, a glass of oj fruit juice, 3 slices of bread with jam, 2 croissants). My highest bs was 30 mins after the mistake at 146. Now 5 hours later is at 81 with no basal or bolus, presumably, left on board. Survived. Going to take my basal now and eat very light for the next few days to counter all those calories.

Lol, that’s awesome… I’d do it every day if it’d works out that smooth

1 Like

Would be great if it worked that way every time… i guess i got lucky with my swagging…