NEWS on a NEW ABBOTT LIBRE FDA Approval

I called Abbott - I may as well asked one of my cats

The rep had no idea and said I should sign up one of their 500 websites to have updated info emailed

I did not get upset over them having no idea because I knew before I called, but just had to do it

I mean why should a multi billion dollar company have a clue what they are doing

2 Likes

I suspect my cat would have a better answer…oh well…

I wonder if this one is actually going to be accurate… The 10 day one sure as heck wasn’t useful at all for me.

I’m still getting matching numbers between Libre and my Roche meter (Guide meter purchased through the My Sugr bundle last November). I mean the numbers are often exactly the same.

I’m glad you are having a good experience with the Libre! :slight_smile: I really wanted to, but no matter what I did it was always erratic and quirky… For instance, after showers it always showed me instantly 50+ points higher! What’s up with that? lol

My Dexcom 5 also shows higher numbers after showers. I have learned to mentally adjust for that.

I’m looking into getting a Dexcom soon, so that is definitely good info to have. Thank you!

I do wear it into the hot tub and sometimes when you get out, it says wait ten minutes to get a reading and wont read it at all. I have terrible Dex coverage though, and for me this is better than having no trending info on hand.

I admit that the Libre’s trending data was fairly useful for me even if the actual numbers were off. It did help me to catch some lows before they got really bad which was great. At the time though, the cost of the Libre outweighed any of the benefits. I haven’t had good insurance for awhile now. Luckily I just got new job that pays 100% of my health coverage copays and has extremely low out of pocket costs ($500 max per year!), so hopefully a Tslim and a G6 are in my future…:pray:

1 Like

I got my HMO to pay for sensors, so now I am at $32 per month. Omnipod pods are costing me more, but the two tools have helped me bunches. Glad you got coverage!