Normal blood sugar and sleepless nights

This is a highly individual thing. Some studies suggest that melatonin increases insulin sensitivity, other suggest the opposite. It is worthy trying it and any significant effect should be observable.

2 Likes

thanks Brian,
guess everything we do is highly individual and we must listen and learn our bodies.

2 Likes

Brian, do you know of anyone who has bought and had good experiences with a personal oxygen meter? If so, what brand did they buy? The amazon product you linked to had about 60% 4/5 stars and 20% 1 star.

1 Like

Brian, do you ever develop a tolerance to the Melatonin? How often do you usually take it? I would be wary of taking Melatonin every night as I think I read that an exogenous source would decrease endogenous production of Melatonin.

1 Like

I was unable to find a good one in the US, and ended up buying one from the Chinese equivalent of Amazon (Alibaba). I much prefer the kind where itā€™s a sleeve on your fingertip, with a cord running to a wrist device. The ones where the entire device is on your finger, is super uncomfortable to wear overnight.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not noticed it.

Compared to wearing a CPAP Iā€™m nor sure I would even notice.

1 Like

Hard not to notice when it cut off the circulation in my fingertip! :smiley: Darn thing was just too heavy and applied much more pressure than my finger could handle. So the sleeve worked better for me. But I have very poor circulation in my hands/feet, so maybe thatā€™s just a personal quirk, and not a problem with the device.

1 Like

So, have been keeping record. So after 3 nights not sleeping, I went 4 days sleeping day and night. Depressed or just catching up. So routine, routine, routine. Sugars yesterday were 70 like all day long. Truly felt like napping but kept going. Sleep goid and sound last night. So making myself stay up now that Iā€™m caught up on sleep to try to make a difference in my sleep patterns. Iā€™m so emotional that I jump to conclusions that may not be any fact behind. I need to work on that. But keeping record has helped tremendously. Facts are facts. Emotions are emotions. Sometimes one our ways to other for me, but feel like this will help me balance better