OH Canada, I got my letter

glad to hear you and your family are happy with the new change as well, so everything seems positive on the Canadian side.

I like your wording Joey.. "baby" their citizens lol

and I am so happy your son likes the new pods!

Brilliant, glad things are going well for you guys. I guess it pays not to be first out of the block sometimes. Two more sleeps for me, lol.

Just an update. I have used 4 of the new pods now without any issues. Definite improvement with adhesion from pod to adhesive pad. Haven’t experienced any movement in the canula or insulin leakage right thru to the third day and when the pod is almost emptied. The new design changes have all been positive on my end. No complaints here. I agree there are some delays and confusion with getting out product but OmniPod seems to be recovering quickly to resolve issues but I will make sure that I order ahead of time just in case.

I keep trying to test the range and so far I can see it’s really improved. I think sometimes people mistake the range and interference with the line of sight of the RF chip. There are some times that solid objects interfere w the chips communication but radio frequency has its limits to what it can pass thru.

Thanks for the update. Sounds really positive.

not understanding this range part of the pod to PDM, Is this when you bolus and then walk away? it has always been close to me but have had no problems in this way so unsure what range we are talking about and when they would apply?

All in all we Canucks seem to be having a positive experience with all of it.

it`s mainly for parents who are trying to bolus for their kid who may be be a little bit away from them playing or what not. they extended the range.

but some people were complaining that they had communication problems when the they bolused for themselves and had the pod on their arm, like their arm was blocking the signal or something. I have not noticed any of this yet.

So, I just got my new kit and first set of mini-pods - wahoo! We'll be sticking the first one of them on tonight. What I'm super happy about though is, included in the box, is the new version of the Copilot software. I will be loading that up tonight as well and testing to see if it works with the new pdm. I don't see why it wouldn't, but..

So, I would imagine that for all the rest of the Canadians waiting for the new software version, it should start appearing in your mailbox soon. Doesn't look like there is an ios (Mac/iPad) version on the CD though.

already asked if it will work with mac, sigh they said it won't but for 90 bucks can purchase Parallels from them. I will stick with my VM for now thanks, lucky you to have the new software thought. let us know how it went. I looked this morning on the site don't see the software up yet and nothing in the mail. sigh.

I am using the new software for a paperweight. My son is seen at Montreal Children's Hospital and they LOATHE the CoPilot software. We were stuck with it until the new pods came on the scene and we are now using Diasend to upload data. The doctor or nurse can log on at the hospital and find their patient's data without needing us to bring in hard to read printouts. The spreadsheets etc. that Diasend produces are much preferred by the hospital staff. I love that I don't have to do anything except upload, let them know and they can have at it from their side. Does anyone else use Diasend? http://www.diasend.com/ca-en

Ya, VM is likely the best option in light of not having an ios version. Not a bad option if you're a bit of a techie, anyway.

Joey is there a cost to diasend? I noticed it works with a mac. I was under the impression that co pilot was the only way to go

I see you would need a transmitter device for it. hmmmm back to the co pilot. lol

FREE!! I do believe you can register and use the site yourself even if your endo does not use it. By inputting my hospital's ID #, they can link directly to my son's data. I don't see why you couldn't print reports as needed for your doctor or for your own use. Weird thing is that to register you use www.diasend.com/animas even if you don't use Animas. Skip the page that asks for the Animas pump info (and clinic ID) and finish registration. You will then be instructed to download the software. The first time you upload data from the PDM all the info about your OmniPod is automatically uploaded too.

No transmitter is needed. Just use the USB cord that came with your old PDM.

hey RobAW did the new software come with a website other than the usual myomnipod?

No transmitter is needed. Just use the USB cord that came with your old PDM.

joey, won't detect my device. in vm or in mac. go figure

Registered and software installed? And it still won't work? I don't know what vm is, but if you want to pursue it, you can email them and they will get back to you within a day. I had to for another issue and my problem was solved.

yup registered and installed. tried on my mac and in VM (virtual Machine. won't detect device.

do you use uploader? or does your office use a transmitter? when looking on the site notice if you use uploader it only recognizes animas but using the transmitter will recognize omnipod. have tried on the mac on a virtual machine and a windows laptop. lol