OH Canada, I got my letter

Ok, so I've launched my first new pod. All I can say so far, is Wow. I can't believe how much smaller and lighter it actually is. Definitely feels like there is nothing attached any more. Kind of strange, and no flopping around like the old pod - it just seems tighter. Liking it! The other thing I noticed right away, was the insertion - Absolutely painless, had to double check to see if it actually inserted, and it did. I know it's early, and it's the first few hours of the smaller pod, but I'm loving it. It's like a Porsche versus a mini van - they both get you home, but wow, a Porsche does it a whole lot nicer. So now we try and install the new software.

Good Glad you are happy!

Not sure exactly what you mean by come with a website. I just use it stand alone, ie, download the results, check out the reports, email it to the doc if he wants it, etc. I don’t download anything to a website for anyone else to check out.

That said, I got the software loaded, but it doesn’t come with the Omnipod Extensions - required to be able to read the data off the Omnipod PDM. I did downloead the US version though (found on the myomnipod.com webstie), and it does work with the CoPilot software I received last week. I was able to download the last few days BG results and run reports. So for me, we’re good to go.

And so far so good. On second new pod with no issues at all. Love the small size, primes nicely, inserts canula smoothly, sticks on well.

What I meant was did the software give a website address as well. I assumed once they started sending out the software that they would put it up on the site but have not seen it yet. As for the diasend can't seem to get that working at all, seems I need a driver for the cable but the one I found still will not recognize it. I am using a Mac with Mavericks. and was using windows 7 in a virtual machine for co pilot.

Oh, I get you now. No, not on the Canadian web site for download, and the US coPilot doesn’t work. The US Omnipod extension works with the cdn CoPilot when loaded. I’m using Windows 7.

My understanding from my son's nurse educator was that in the clinic they have a transmitter (not sure what pumps it works with)in order to upload data on the spot at appointments, but that by setting up at home, they will be able to access his data even when we are not in clinic since we are linked with the clinic code number which is in my son's Diasend account. So far I haven't actually used it! It had such rave reviews from the people at the Children's so I had no idea there would be these issues. Best thing would be to send Diasend an email (or maybe the issue is addressed in FAQs?)

Thanks Joey, I have called them and searched the net for known issues. could be Maveriks not sure. but still trying. thanks for the update.

OK, I just got off the phone with Diasend. She said first you upload your data using the OmniPod software (CoPilot), then in CoPilot you use the option to import the data to Diasend. This is news to me. After work I will install the new CoPilot and try uploading to Diasend like that. If you try doing this during the day could you please give a status update? Thanks.

Well that is strange. Omnipod software does not work with a mac. I would install and check it out but unfortunately I don’t have the new software yet. Although I can try with the old version stand by Houston.

This is turning into a real comedy of errors! I have heard from the nurse educator. It may be that the Canadian OmniPod and Diasend are not compatible yet. She was surprised since she has been telling the OmniPod clients to get going on Diasend but after I reported our issues to her, she contacted OmniPod. They seem to think that even uploading to CoPilot then importing will not work. I will still try tonight when I get home, since the hospital hates the CoPilot reports so much. As for the CoPilot software, I got a new CD of the software with my son's new PDM and pods. I assume it is a new version for the new PDM/pods, but I must say I did not really inspect it closely. Would it be worth it for Mac users to buy a really small, cheap PC just to use for software that is not Mac compatible?

Ha ha well you would have to export not import to diasend. Even under import there is no diasend there. Although there is cozmanager I think that is how it is spelled which is the software for animas. So that would not work.also no import button on diasend’s end either. What Omnipod said makes more sense. But wonder how long it will take for them to catch up.
For ppl that want to use on there mac they either have to install a virtual machine with a windows operating system or parallels. Omnipod does sell parallels for $90.00 for those that only have a mac.

I called the Diasend number for Canada but the person on the other end was distinctly American. I wonder if the info she gave was for US clients? The 888 number is the same for USA and Canada so I imagine they wouldn't even know where a person is calling from. Sounds like my diabetes educator jumped the gun. Who knows when we will be compatible. If I hear anything new I will for sure let you know.

Thanks Joey. I will do the same. It should not matter american or canadian except for maybe the model. We will see what happens.

got a reply back saying that the omnipod is not compatible with the patient version of diasend. oh well, guess it is VM for me again, now just have to wait for the software to arrive. thanks Joey for looking into things.

i`m kind of annoyed the the software is not ready yet lol.

Oh, it’s ready, you’re just not getting it. Now that’s really annoting. I have the CD. If anyone has access to an FTP site, I will put it there.

Meh, I called Omnipod and they are sending me one, called today will get tomorrow or the next day, call and they will send it to you.

I don't understand. Didn't they send a CD of the CoPilot software with every new kit? If not, that doesn't make much sense. We got it with our new kit last week. And as for the Diasend issue, we have to wait. My nurse educator really jumped the gun. So I did too! Sorry for all the unnecessary excitement folks!

Ha ha, no problem here Joey. I got my kit about 2 weeks ago and did not come with a cd. they did tell me that it would be sent out at a later date. I called today and they sent one out so I am assuming with any kit going out now they will have the cd in it but prior to that they didn't nor will they send out to those that didn't for a while unless you phone them and request it. I think they are a bit over whelmed with the requests but they are doing a great job I think, as for the diasend eventually they will have it for us I believe. all is good.

Yes, for sure. For all we have here to look after our T1D (or our kid's) we are very fortunate. All is good and getting better.