Please help Madeline raise money for JDRF in Australia

We are participating in this year’s Walk to Cure Diabetes, an event that raises money to fund vital research into finding a cure for type 1 diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes is a chronic condition which affects over 140,000 Australians and millions more people world-wide. Every day, five more Australians, most of them children, are diagnosed with the disease.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that is not caused by diet or lifestyle or through any fault of the sufferer.

People don’t grow out of it and there is no cure. A diagnosis of type 1 diabetes means up to six insulin injections, every day for the rest of their life.

Even with the best care a person with type 1 diabetes risks developing long-term health complications. The statistics speak for themselves.

Diabetes:

Is the number one cause of adult blindness
Is the number one cause of amputations not caused by an accident
Increases the risk of stroke five times
Causes over 40% of the cases of kidney failure
Is the sixth leading cause of death in Australia
That is why I am asking for your support. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s Walk to Cure Diabetes raises money to fund the best Australian diabetes research.

All donations, regardless of amount, take us closer to a cure. To visit my personal fundraising web page click on the link below.

Visit my personal Walk website to make a donation.

http://walk.jdrf.org.au/NSW/MadelineHamilton/

Thank you for your support.