Please tell me I am not the only one who has done this

So I am on a mini med pump and I love it but the darn thing stopped working like the buttons wouldn’t do their job so I had to send it in for a overnight replacement except i had to wait for two days since it was Saturday. no problem right? I have done my insulin pens before and took humalog since it is what I use in my pump and ugh lantus (so hard to figure out the dosing on that junk for me anyways. anyway my pump finally comes in on mon. at like 10a.m and I had taken lantus at 7 a.m that morning but since my brain was fried from the 24 hr shift I work I put my pump on set it all up and went on my happy way. Stupid me was trying to figure out why the sugars would not come up so the ER we go because it would not get above 40 mg/dl. then finally in the room it hit my friend ( hubby is in Iraq so I am with a friend till he gets back) “dude did you take the lantus this morning?” me : " um yeah oh crap stupid me!!! the doc comes in we tell him and I had to stay the night to let the lantus wear off and get my bg back in order but all because of a big stupid thing I didn’t pay atten too. so if you read this let it be a lesson if this has never happened to you and if it has I won’t feel as bad. LOL

hi med, hope this reply finds you back home and normal operations! here is a post Manny wrote some time ago on back up plans

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/a33-error-paradigm-insulin

I guess I’m lucky, I have 2 pumps (Accu-chek Spirit)

A couple times I’ve accidentally “double dosed” my lantus over the years. My only excuse for that, is that it’s hard between work and home and three kids and a dog… Never ended up in the ER because of that, but I sure felt stupid… and I got to eat a lot of cookies and ice cream to keep the hypos away!

I have ended up in the ER because of hypo unawareness. And the worst thing for my hypo unawareness? A string of severa hypos.

Tim.

I don’t think the pump failure screwed me as bad as my doubled basal via my new pump and the Lantus on board as well as the food boluses with my pump it was like no food in the world could bring it up. I too have no hypo awareness and really don’t feel them until the 20’s but my diligent testing saved me from worse complications. the ER was amazed by how much D 50 and D 10 drip it took too fix all of this so that is why I had to spend the night ugh all I did was sleep the who time and finger sticks every 30 mins till bg was over 80. lucky me when I was a kid mom and dad would check me in the middle of the night and over the yrs it didn’t wake me up so I sleep through most sticks but that poor nurse was stuck to my side for quite awhile. I had no clue how tired a long low will make you till now. I am lucky my ENDO’s office covers this hospital so he was there in the middle of the night to fix everything. I think I was more embarrassed then anything as being a medic I take care of others I should have been able to care for my self but I guess we all need some outside help sometimes even if we have lived with this disease day in and day out.

thats happend to me where i was low all day because i put my pump on to soon. one time i took a shot around 5 and then i didn’t put my pump back on until 10 the next day and i didn’t test between and i was super high!