Profile for Darc

Hey guys and gals,

Im Darcy from Nova Scotia Canada. I have been floating around this site now for a few years on and off. Its a great source of information and support. About 7 years ago when I was 32 I was flagged as having impaired fasting glucose during some routine bloodwork. I asked what that meant and the doctor told me that I would probably develop diabetes at some point in my life. I wasnt really told anything except to try and watch what I eat. 7 years later and now I am diagnosed with Impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance and fatty liver…I have been slowly creeping towards the diabetic diagnosis…Im going to attend a diabetes clinic this month and really start to take this stuff seriously…I have heard you can stop the progression to type 2 if you really make an effort with diet and exercise…or at least delay it.My goal this year is to make some lifestyle changes and try to get my numbers back to normal.

3 Likes

Welcome, @Darc! I’m really glad you’ve joined us. I recommend visiting the type 2 forum section for info specific to that, and particularly the section for folks newly diagnosed with type 2. I think you’ll find that a lot of people have the same thoughts and questions you have about trying to slow its progression.

You’ve come to the right place!

1 Like