Profile Setting for Control IQ

So much this. I’m stuck using Novolog. Most of my lows now are touch and goes where I might hit 65 but I can ignore them and they come around on their own. I’m notorious for over-bolusing for dinner, though, (mostly because I get mad when I spike and xdrip sings “baby did a bad, bad thing” at me), and I wind up getting a low six hours after the fact that Control-IQ can’t handle, and my IOB says 0 because I can’t change that. Usually 5 hours works fine for me, but for some reason once that low starts coming on, there’s no stopping it for a much longer duration.

I think I’m going to try putting my correction factor back to normal and see if that attenuates the lows better.

(Though the current setup works great if I want to encourage midnight snacking!)

@Robyn_H, you sound like you should eat to treat the inevitable low. Maybe not much, but something with some fat and carbs (like nuts, cheese, etc.) would help this out.
I was doing something like this before. I also found that energy bars with a good amount of protein and fat in addition to the calories, would serve me best.
But, Fiasp makes my life SO much easier. That is why I pay for it out of pocket, but order from Canada. Worth every penny for me!

What I really need to do is stop being lazy about the counting carbs. We don’t eat anything processed, so almost nothing in our house has a nutrition label on it. Try to grow everything ourselves or at least source it locally.

Once upon a time, I weighed/measured EVERYTHING so I could run it through MyFitnessPal… But that got tedious real quick! So thankfully, except that one persistent low Control-IQ has simplified things greatly for me.

We already pay cash for my Dexcom supplies. I would never ask for expensive insulin out of pocket, too.

Last time I ordered Fiasp from Canada, I did 9 vials, and it came out to $57 per vial, shipped. That really isn’t too bad!

And I feel ya on the carb counting homemade stuff. It’s hard to do with any real accuracy and predictability.

Here is a 3-hour period where Control IQ had turned off my insulin for almost the entire time. I have adjusted settings so that I am having fewer long insulin suspensions. But when they happen, they usually affect my BG later on, especially if it is before a meal.

Where you exercising or have too high of a basal rate to keep that low of a number?

Wow, I changed my correction factor a bit lower and suddenly this thing is keeping me a lot lower! I need to bump it back up a little bit, as I was getting a ‘little’ too much on my meal boluses, but still, this is something that really helps with a little tweaking.