Psychiatrist visit on Tuesday September 16th

Well not only am I on 600 mg of Seroquel, an atypical antipsychotic, that is know to raise blood sugars, but I have been put on a temporary dose of Zyprexa, 5 mg, for up to two weeks. He’s hoping just a week so I don’t get a bad effect on my blood glucose. It was added to pull me back out of a bad mixed episode state that has been going on for over a week and the fact that I have not been sleeping hardly at all. I would get maybe an hour or two of sleep. Not good for a bipolar.

My doctor also increased my Tegretol up to 400 mg twice a day from 300 mg once a day. That’s not a temporary dosage.

Cherise

PS. I have been put on a 24 hour holter monitor. I started it today around 230pm. I’ll take it back tomorrow and will have the results in 2 to 3 days as long as they don’t have to call down to Texas. Their computers are working but since Hurricane Ike knocked out a lot of the phone lines they have a problem calling. The nurse that hooked it up for me said that they usually don’t have to call down there though. We are hoping it is just tachycardia and not something more serious. Though a lot of heart problems run in my family. The one problem I don’t have is high blood pressure. Mine runs normal to low. Going to be interesting though if I have to add a beta blocker for tachycardia like he said I would to treat it because the effects it can have on blood pressure.