Questions and feedback from non Omnipod users-please share your experience

It is becoming possible to also do this using the Dexcom CGM sensor so I suggest you also look in that direction. I personally have not been that impressed with the feedback I’ve read online about the Animas Vibe, but it could improve. I use the Medtronic CGM (Enlite sensor) so my opinion on these things is of dubious value.

If you do consider going with Medtronic I suggest you stand firm on being given a chance to test drive the enlite sensor before committing. Some people have a great experience with the Enlite. Other’s tend to think of it more as Satan’s CGM. Best to find out which camp you are in before jumping.

I love this. I have a mental image of getting a knock on the door from some person with a clipboard wanting to check if I changed my site as “required”.

I think most of us change our Infusion sites every three days. — or so. It’s really a combination of things such as how well you feel the insulin absorption is working for the site, how comfortable it (still) is, and worrying about rotating regularly to avoid creating scar tissue.

The discussion topic linked below might also be of interest to you.

1 Like