Questions on the Tslim X2

No not at all, I was surprised too because it was mentioned in my other thread (could have been you?) that this was a different delivery mechanism compared to the Medtronic so some adjustments may be needed. My sugar has been pretty stable on the pump, I’ve been having really hard to control sugars lately(suspect it’s due to my overactive thyroids playing up) and it only started to stabilize about a week before I went on to the tslim. But I haven’t really had to go out of my way to make any adjustments.

The only thing I did was align the time windows of the bolus/basal/correction factor about a week before on my Medtronic pump so that I can just transfer the exact settings onto the tslim without creating that many more insulin dosage entries.

I love the touch screen but sometimes I find the screen blanks out and then locks - I think maybe it’s because I didn’t tap in the right place. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I like the look and feel and size of the pump, it feels much superior than the plastic Medtronic one. Feels more like a premium product.

The calculator on the bolus screen is helpful because I can no longer add properly lol :sweat_smile:. I find the speed of insulin delivery is faster than the Medtronic and I’ve been feeling a stinging sensation in the insertion site when bolusing. There is a lot of confirmation screens which I think is unnecessary and a bit over the top especially since we use this day in day out - but Medtronic was also like this. I would have like the temp basal on the front screen because I use it quite a lot and would have like the last entered BG to display for while.

I have only done one Cartridge fill but first impression feels a bit longer and clunky than the resovoir version.

Overall I think it does the same thing as the Medtronic pump. It’s more user friendly and intuitive and has a better shell and the design is more “modern” and with the times if you know what I mean. I think they could have done away with the “T” on the right hand side and allow more screen space.

I’m not using CGMS but will give it a go once control iq comes. But judging from what I read, CGMS on Dexcom is far more superior than the Medtronic. So this can be the game changer element for me because the CGMS on Medtronic didn’t work for me.

I was actually expecting to be doing this. But I don’t mind the case at the moment, it’s not too bulky - it’s still smaller than the Medtronic pump even with the case on. I just feel there is more protection with it on. But I totally get why you take it off, when I saw the tslim for the first time I was really surprised how small and thin it was!

1 Like

Go to the status screen on the home screen. It shows you your last bolus.

So happy to hear you’re liking it! I personally feel it’s the best pump on the market just based on my own research, but it was also my first pump, so I don’t have any other experiences and even with the 5+ minutes it takes to change the cartridge, I only remember how much faster it is than digging out the injection supplies many times each and every single day. I’m always a little scared people switching from Medtronic won’t adjust to the changes well.

That reminded me of an old peeve of mine. I used the pump for two years myself without CGM, and always used the bolus wizard… But I kept having weird lows. The bolus wizard didnt handle some things for me correctly. You should get in the habit of checking the “view calculations” button, at least occasionally until you learn if it’s a problem for you too. For instance I used to pre-bolus a small amount of insulin while cooking, and then test before sitting down to eat and complete the rest of my dose then. Except the bolus wizard would grey out the middle two numbers, correction and IOB, and completely ignore them, so I would over-deliver insulin if not watching the calculations. It doesn’t handle pre-bolusing like that well. It wants glucose and all your meal carbs at once, otherwise it assumes the insulin is for something yet undigested. It also doesn’t handle overcorrection of lows well. If I only needed 11 g of carb, but ate a 20g carb pack of fruit snacks, I couldn’t enter all the values into the wizard and get a bolus for the extra 9 g of carb, again it would grey out the middle values and bolus for the entire 20 g if I wasn’t watching. I had to try and do the math when I was low! I guess it’s just not normal to want to bolus a little when already hypo.

And I didn’t choose to forego a case. They get brittle and break after a few years. Particularly the tiny strips of plastic between the screen and cartridge opening and screen and charging access. Once both those pieces break off, the pump falls out of the case. I choose not to buy a new one, and instead attached a $7 US clip directly to the pump, and don’t miss the bulky case at all.

1 Like

Thanks, I missed that!

From home screen, I pressed the icon showing insulin cartridge level. Cool !!

Nope I thought it was there but don’t see it. By status screen so you mean tapping on the top right hand corner where it displays the cartridge amount?

All I see is the profile, basal rate, last bolus and a few other settings.

Yes I thought you were looking for last bolus.

1 Like

Really? I thought it subtracts the insulin on board. That’s how I thought it works. I’ll have to look the next time and see what it does.

I presume it’s the hip clip Nite Eze brand you are using ? Do they fall off or lose tension over time?

:sweat_smile: ah no, I was looking for the last BG reading

You mean the last CGM reading before the one that is showing on the home screen? No I don’t think you can get that here. I can see my last 1,000 CGM readings in order on X-drip.

No, not the last CGM reading, the last manually entered BG reading. The one entered when you bolus in the wizard.

Since you don’t have cgms, you are talking about meter bg readings. And some/all if them you enter Tslim as part of bolus entry, correct?

Then I think you can see them on pump:
Options, History , pump history, BG history or Bolus history.

1 Like

There is a tab called BG under history

1 Like

Yes I was looking for a short cut way so I don’t have to traverse through the menu into history. I look at for my last BG Quite a lot, I could always use they meter to recall but find it’s more convenient to see on the pump since I don’t carry the meter with me all the time

The status screen seems to be the ideal place to store this info but unfortunately not there. Oh well perhaps in the future.

Thank you both

If you have phone, check if the T:connect app would be able to show that. The app is ideal with cgm, and shows bg trend and also markers where bg entered for bolus… check with your local support.

1 Like

Thanks, yes this was also suggested earlier in the thread. I’m in Australia and we are behind, tconnect is not available for me just yet :sweat_smile:. But it sounds like something I would use so :crossed_fingers:t2: we get it soon!

@Robyn_H how strong is the clip that you attach directly to the pump, do they fall off or lose tension over time?

I had terrible luck with the clip that came with mine, I couldn’t get it to stay on at all it would always fall off. I ended up getting a case from Type 1 tactical, it’s kinda bulky but I really like it. It’s extremely durable and the clip is really strong on it.

1 Like

The Nite Ize clip has never loosened. I’ve had mine for about two years now and it’s never fallen off. The 3M adhesive that comes with it is amazing, too, but I have seen a few people that claim to have had trouble with it. The thing is, it requires up to 72 hours to cure. That’s the hardest part, is you basically have to not use it (the clip specifically)for several days… Put it in your pocket or something. Personally, I took the clip off one pump when I had a warranty return, and I really had to wrestle to get it off. I wound up using an exacto knife to cut the foam and scrape off as much as possible. Then used GooGone to remove the rest of the adhesive. I couldn’t pry it off for anything.

1 Like

@Robyn_H thanks, that was helpful. The clip I got with the tslim after two weeks look hopeful, securely attaches and I haven’t had it randomly fall off like some people have experienced. But I can’t see a replacement clip on the Australian site for purchase (only on the US side) so just wanted a backup plan.

I can see the possibility of the case breaking eventually at one of the corners where the coverage is thin and that’s the corner where you push the pump out when you need it out of the case for the reservoir change.

You shouldn’t have to remove the case to change the cartridge.

1 Like