Sedation and t1,am I overreacting?

Surgery is scary. The colonoscopy at least shouldn’t last long. Are you going to be put under for dental surgery?

I always stay awake and I have been getting a lot of dental work done lately, dental surgery , a few teeth pulled and implants etc. I usually go in at about 130ish and do a temp basal reduction beforehand for longer appointments. For me and that isn’t the case for everyone I love to drop for any dental work or doctors visits. I have my reader with me and just check on it and I have been fine. A couple of years ago I did drop after a couple hours because of a hard to get out tooth surgery, I ended up at around 65 right after and I hadn’t thought it through that I wouldn’t be able to chew or suck so I was walking down to a little store to get some juice when I was sort of crashing. If I had had to I would of have chewed a gummy bear anyways.

I did start a thread on surgery and insulin as I found a lack of information at the time, it’s been a couple of years but here it is. It should help with some information.