Servings of Vegetables Per Day

I see 2 elements here.

On one had, you need to be honest to yourself about what you are eating. Bite the bullet, tell yourself that you are going to eat the whole thing, and then control for it, with proper insulin amounts. Not ideal, but at least your blood sugar will be okay, and that’s particularly important to avoid complications from the virus.

On the other hand, you want to get your eating under control, ideally without exercising will power. Pardon if I tell you things you likely already know or already do. Don’t buy your problematic foods in the first place, so, when you purchase food, do so on a full stomach. Stick to a list of good foods. Don’t buy ‘bad’ snacks. If you do buy ‘bad’ snacks, don’t leave them on the counter. Try to buy healthy snacks in prepackaged amounts, so beside fruit or veg, have SMALL packets of nuts, dried fruit, or figs. Don’t buy the bulk bag. Also, as discussed, find something that your enjoy to fill you time.

As to the last point, I often choose activities that are a little obsessive for me. If it keeps me engaged too much, that is what I want. I had mental health issues when I was younger, and I found that intense focus solves a problem that I had, so when I find something that makes me forget to eat, I keep it. When I was younger, simply talking to a woman could do that. Programming is/was one of those things, and when I first decided ot build a website, I did so on a staycation, woke, started coding at 8 AM, had a Häagen-Dazs sorbet for lunch, and then kept programmin until 5 PM, at which time I would go out for dinner and some activities in Manhattan. I made it the focus of my profession. Walking can be a bit obsessive and intense, so mini-hikes are part of my routine, and one can’t really eat when one is striding along the streets or through a park.

3 Likes