Shoes for people with diabetes

I purchased another pair of Crocs yesterday. They are the most comfortable shoes I own!

Mannyā€¦do we need to start worrying about a croc addiction?
Do all diabetics need to worry about shoes or just people with neuropathy? I am trying to get used to limiting carbs, but as a MAJOR shoe ho, please donā€™t tell me I have to totally let comfort (or worse, practicality,) outweigh fashion.

Crocs are the most comfortable things Iā€™ve ever put onā€¦
It really is like floating when walking! Buy only the real Crocs brand, though, the knockoffs are not the same (give blisters)ā€¦

I bought a pair of the Off Road Crocs a month ago with the adjustable Velcro strap I always walked out of the others. For work I wear Clarks - the privo models seem to be the most comfortable for me. I got a good deal on them so I bought a few that look like a dressier type sneaker and wear those too. Its like walking on air pillows. I also have a pair of new balance sneakers a podiatrist I know said those are the best to wear.

I find SAS lace up shoes to be wonderful. I also use special arch supports in them because, although they do come with arch support, my extremely high arches need more than that. SAS uses very soft leather, and thereā€™s no stitching near the toes to rub.

I do wear sandals in the summer, but not flip-flops or thongs. Againā€¦high archesā€¦donā€™t even ask what I pay for a pair of sandals!

And I have water shoes for the beach.

Still looking for a nice pair of slip-on summer walking shoes that would look good with crop pants or shorts. The SAS look too orthopedic to wear in the summer.

2 Likes