Sign the CGMS Denial Campaign Petition

I signed the petition and I would like to hear from anyone in MA who is a Type 1, on Medicare with a supplemental plan and who has applied for coverage of a CGMS and was either denied or approved. I am on Medicare with the HMO Medicare Blue Advantage Plan. It’s a great plan for providing Pumps, Insulin, Test Strips, and Lancets but no CGMS according to BC/BSMA customer service. For the senior citizens on Medicare I think we should lean on our Congressmen to get Medicare to include it in Part B. We could also ask State Legislators to make coverage of The CGMS mandatory in the health insurance plans that everyone in MA MUST HAVE. Any opinions or comments on this strategy?

I have signed the petition. My husband is a Type 1 diabetic and has been using CGMS (Minimed) since February with incredible results. My employer is self funded and follows the Regence BCBS of Oregon plan guidelines. They denied authorization for coverage as experimental. I have appealed once and was denied. I was told I can only appeal one more time unless I can provide new documentation. It has been suggested that I find insurance companies that currently cover CGMS and the criteria they use for coverage as a basis for my appeal. If anyone knows how to get this information or any advice on appeals please let me know. Thanks for all the great information on this website!

I was proud to sign it.

Randy Wood