Skin problems

I know this has been discussed many times but thought I would put it out there again. My son’s skin is a mess. He is allergic to alcohol and everything we try has alcohol in it. We don’t use alcohol wipes but do use skin tac and tac away and both have alcohol in them. He needs soemthing to help keep the adhesive on and I am desperate for something that works and will keep the pod on. He is very active and has trouble keeping them on.
Also, other than cortaid, what do you put on after you take a pod off? His skin is very irritated and has what looks like rough spots where the pods have been. Help!

I’m in the same boat with my skin. I have been on the OmniPod for over 1 year and all of the sudden (about 2 months ago) my skin started to become irritated. Now I’m at the point of wanting to rip off my pod about 1 day into the new application. I am still going with the 3 days as these things are so expensive, but I’m not sure how much more of this a person can take. I take off the pod and literatly go into a major iching frenzie. I have tried a Skin-Prep (protective wipe), but that doesn’t seem to work either. I called OmniPod and they said talk to my doctor or go to their web site. When I talked to my doctor she said try that Skin-Prep, but she also said that she has been hearing a lot of the skin irritations lately. Have they changed their adhesive? (OmniPod says no). I am running out of options as my skin is so sensitive right now I am ready to give the pods up, but won’t. Any ideas from anyone at this point would be very helpful!!

Hilary: This might sound crazy, but bear with me. When I started OmniPod therapy earlier this year, I was really concerned about the OmniPod sticking to me. I started off by using SkinTac and TacAway, too. After a few weeks of using both products, I was generally happy, but I decided to abandon them and just try the OmniPod’s adhesive. Lo and behold, I had no problems and have put away the SkinTac and TacAway – turns out I didn’t need 'em, and the OmniPod has been holding up just fine.

Give it a whirl, particularly now that your son has had some time to acclimate to the OmniPod.

I don’t know if this will help, but I think my CDE told me you can place a pod on top of IV3000 and insert the canula through it. I suggest you check with your CDE or doctor. (I find my CDE more helpful)