Some days are hard!

Aww bless you. Thank you.
We so lucky to have you amongst us, you seem to have brought a ray of sunshine with you. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Outside of BG, Iā€™ve not encountered anything that popcorn canā€™t remedy. Itā€™s definitely my comfort (and favorite) food, and is clearly the reason why Iā€™m not losing more than 1/2 to 3/4 pound per week.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Osob! :bouquet:

3 Likes

Your message came to my email today on my 30th birthday. I have not posted for some time.

I, and I think we all as community here, feel your struggle and send love and good energy your way. The disease may always be on our minds, but the drive to stay strong makes us who we are and allows us introspective dynamic that is unique to diabetes.

I hope for all of our community to have the education, access, and affordability of insulin therapy. This is what keeps us thriving, and lack of what keeps us not.

Best Wishes,
Connor J. McCue

3 Likes

Popcorn with lots of butter alternating with bites of 85% dark chocolate melting in your mouthā€¦Comfort made manifest!..Group hugs!..Judith in Portlandā€¦

2 Likes

You know my hugs are yours for the asking. Always. Just in case, am sending you my phone number, as well as hugs and tickles for those precious Kidlets!

2 Likes

Some days are very hard and some days are not. Enjoy what we have and survive what wwe need.

3 Likes

You should take few free days, and rest from work. I think that after leave you go back to full strength.

1 Like

Thank you dear Judith.
Nura is going to start full time at school in September. Sheā€™s so excited its beyond cute.
Lots of love as always.

1 Like

I am not working at the moment, I am a full time mother to two girls under the age of 5.
We just took a day off from the outside world watched movies and had popcorn.
It was awesome. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Happy birthday and thank you for taking the time to comment.
Thatā€™s what I love about this community, we can all be honest and straightforward and everyone understands.:grin:

2 Likes

ā€œI am not working at the momentā€¦ā€

:slight_smile:

With two girls under the age of 5, Iā€™d say youā€™re working very hard! :stuck_out_tongue:

My wife is mother of 5 boys and she works MUCH harder than me (Dad), being a stay at home mom. Itā€™s awesome when one parent (either or) can be home to give the children the kind of nurturing, and attention, they deserve. I wish society valued that more instead of making it nearly impossibly NOT to live on two incomes.

Kudos to you for being a strong, good mother!

4 Likes

Aww thank you, itā€™s the hardest job on earth especially with diabetes on top of it but I love them more then anything. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I feel for you Osob. Definitely take time for yourself. Iā€™m an even-keeled person but every now and again I get days where I get a little down or mad and want to throw something from my diabetesā€¦ One of the best things I do to find piece of mind is sit on my rocking chair in my backyard, sometimes I read otherwise I just chill and tune out the world. I also used to crochet, a good way to get your mind off of diabetes. Iā€™m glad watching movies and eating popcorn helped you.

2 Likes