Some days are hard!

Why can’t I have a bad day?
I appreciate and I am humble for everything Allah (GOD) has given me but some days are hard just like today.
I have responsibilities as a daughter,sister, wife and most importantly as a mother but I also have a chronic illness that I can’t ignore even if everyone else does.
When I address and admit I am having a bad day,I don’t want to get judged.
I want a hug, understanding and someone to just listen to me because it’s not easy. :cry:

6 Likes

Consider this as hug #1. I’m certain there will be more. :relieved:

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your troubles, @Osob. I hope that someone close to you can begin to see just how difficult it can be to live with diabetes. A little empathy can sure go a long way. You’re smart to reach out to this community. We get it! Our biggest challenge is to figure out how to transmit empathy across the internet. A simple hug is often all that’s needed to take the sting out of our difficulties. Consider this another hug!

3 Likes

:hugging: I know how frustrating that can be. Sometimes, you just can’t be everything everyone else wants or needs - it’s all you can do to go through the motions. Those are the times when a little understanding can go a long way!! :hugging: (that’s a hug :wink:)

3 Likes

Here’s a hug from me, too! Also, here’s a free pass to take 10 minutes to yourself and do whatever you want. Even if you just sit and feel sorry for yourself!

3 Likes

You will never be judged by me for being human (or a diabetic). Hang in there and consider yourself hugged!

3 Likes

Don’t I agree!!!

3 Likes

You certainly can have a bad day…and we are all here for you. The downside is virtual hugs, the upside…many of them! Sending more hugs your way…:couple:

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. It’s just overwhelming so many people that just get it that are all over world.
I feel expected in this wonderful community, we are blessed to have each other.:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sending a hug your way! I completely understand where you are coming from, happens to me too.

3 Likes

Thank you Judy.
It’s just everything getting on top of me and diabetes not playing ball.
Today I am just taking easy watching movies with my girls. Closing the door to the world for a day
Hope your day is bright and beautiful.:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Osob, when I feel like that I just get on the floor with my dog, (who has no expectations of me except to keep her water bowl full and a meal once a day) and let her jump all over me and kiss me and let me pat her until my arm is ready to fall off. We both feel better after!

4 Likes

Amen to that. Animals have a wonderfully grounding, centering effect. I can’t imagine living without them.

4 Likes

big big hugs my friend, I’m having more than what I consider my fair share of bad days lately and I always am so thankful for this community. always there for me. I also find going outside and getting some fresh air to be helpful.

3 Likes

:: hug :: Anyone on this site knows the struggle…definitely with family here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bad days suck! In case you have room for more, here’s a few hugs from me, too.

Hang in there and keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Hugs to you Osob, Sorry you had a bad day- maybe you should take more days off to watch movies and just ignore the people who don’t get it, even when you aren’t having a bad day. Let them fend for themselves for a day or two - maybe they’ll get it then. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Aww that’s lovely, I just spent the next day at home with the girls. Eating popcorn and watching movies. It was a pleasure.
Thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Massive hugs my dear friend, I am sorry to hear about your bad days, we all got your back on this site. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you we are so lucky. I was so alone and isolated for many years before I found tudiabetes.

2 Likes