Songs with a sugar or sweetness theme

Can anybody name any songs past or present with a sweetness or sugar theme. Name the artist if you can. It could be from any genre or another country. If its in another language please provide a translation.

I was thinking about the 70's song that goes "sugar, sugar....oh honey honey" but I don't know the artist. Then there is Sheena Easton's "Sugar Walls" and MC Hammer's "Yo Sweetness"

The song "Sugar, sugar " that you mentioned there is by The Archies in 1969 =) There’s “Brown Sugar” by the Rolling Stones and “Sugar and Spice” and “Sweets for my Sweet” by the Searchers and “Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard.

thanks I have been trying to remember more sweet songs… how is the cat doing.

“Pour some shook up ramen…” haha.
No,
“Pour some sugar on me… oooh in the name of love.
Pour some sugar on me, c’mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me, oh, I can’t get enough
I’m hot, sticky sweet from my head to my feet, yeah”

• Def Leppard

“Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down. Just a spoon full of sugar make the medicine go down, in the most delightful way.” (Mary Poppins, I think)

yup! haha.
I did a spoof off of that on a t-shirt.
“Just a shot full of insulin helps the sugar go down, sugar go down, sugar go down.”

tupelo honey by van morrison - proof there is a god

I don’t know who sang it but how about “Sugerpie Honeybunch”

ba ba bah!
Good times never seem so good- (so good! so good! so good!)

I thought that it was the Temptations but didn’t want to sound dumb if I was wrong! THANK YOU!

Yep kinda makes me miss the times!

isn’t sweet and low by augustana about diabetes?

Actually, “A LIttle Bit Longer” by Nick Jonas is about his type 1 diabetes.

I’m not really a Jonas Brothers fan, but I gotta admit that song makes me tear up.

Brown Sugar” by my favorite band (and my drummers favorite) The Rolling Stones!

No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature” by The Guess Who

Sugar” by Kool & the Gang

Kinda makes me want to eat frosting off a cup cake, all this talk of sugar!!!

Rod Stewart says sugar many times in “Do You Think I’m Sexy?”

Sweet Like Chocolate - Shanks & Bigfoot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHFFol-8REI

No sugar tonight – the Guess Who. Anybody remember Sugar Shack? I think Ricky Nelson did a cover. Does Lollipop count? Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly-lollipop . . .

Yes, just thinking about my mom’ era:

I Can’t Help Myself”(Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) by The Four Tops

Marcia, I’m pretty sure the original"Sugar Shack" is by Jimmy Glimer & the Fireballs

Sugar Town” by Nancy Sinatra

“Not By Choice” by our very own George Simmons. Not really about sugar, but definitely about diabetes.

ok Brett. Where is this song? I’d like to listen to it. Not on YouTube?

You can listen to the song on George’s blog page. (it’s on the right side of the page by the maze picture)

http://ninjabetic.squarespace.com/thebadblog/

It’s also available on itunes.