Spot Check

eating breakfast right now though

141…coffee and milk and Levemir and humalog…yum! lol

whips out the ultrasmart :slight_smile: and drumroll 134 i assume the popcorn/almond joy breakfast hasn’t left my system yet haha

Okay… 3.7.
May have a slice of melon. Yummmmy yum yum yum

217! danggit, i had a good 80’s-100’s record going too!
but i just took my bolus right before i tested, so thats why. lol :smiley:

haha- you’re as bad as me! I dont really eat “regular” meals. Usually whatever I crave- as long as my BG is good, I figure I’m good too. haha.

It’s 1:22pm EST- I’ve been nursing a frappicino (as per the norm during the week) since 815am… I took my 6 units of Humalog halfway through the frapp to cover… testing testing testing… 253- whups. Sounds bad, but I know it’ll come down in about an hour. Seems to be the trend!

Hi Becca- do you happen to know the convergance of that number to the US numbers? Is that low?
Just curious.

1:45 PM - 98 - and that’s after fighting since I woke up this AM to get my sugar below 120. (You know it’s bad when 3U of Humalog only lowers you about 15 points - usually, that would lower me 100+ . . .)

Great idea! I walk a lot, but live in a country type town. Lots of fields for about five/ ten miles, then city like surroundings for a few miles, then five/ ten miles of fields and houses… then repeat. I think it’s labeled Suburbs. haha. I wish I lived in more of a city environment though. I think it’d be fun (and less expensive!) to bike or roller blade everywhere.

225 at midnight. I thought of correcting it with some Novolog, but I think I’ll leave it, as we just increased my 7 pm Levemir by one unit tonight and I don’t know what will happen during the night.

good idea. If I have the choice, I"ll leave it a little bit high for my nighttime because I’ve been through too many insulin shock comas while sleeping. Not going there again!

Don’t frappuchinos have sugar in them, marps? (I make capps at home and love them; the foam gives me enough points so I can wait a bit for breakfast which I like.)

To translate the European numbers just multiply by 18.

eeesh. fasting at 218- 1:10pm EST. That’s kinda icky. I’ve been really stressed today, so I expected it to be “high” but I thought it’d be in the upper 100s. 2u correction and I should be fine to eat lunch in about an hour.

188 -1 hour after lunch

2 hour post lunch… 130 good thing I didnt correct my 188 that I was 1 hour after lunch, I feel as though I am still dropping.

What did I tell you dropping, I am now 109…

141 an hour after a lunch of 16 oz. mocha and 32g carbs of Ritz bits. My second mocha today. Rough day. Its cloudy here in the desert. WTF!?!? Puts everyone in a funk.

Good to know about the European numbers!

Yeah, frapps have some sugar- a lot of coffee though. haha.
I just checked online to see… 51g of sugar/ 61g of carbs for a grande.
6g of protein though! that’s nice.

My BG stays pretty controlled when I drink these. I’ve figured out that if I start drinking it at 815am, by 1030am I’ll inject 6u of Humalog, finish drinking it at 1230pm and by 100pm I’m back to normal BG ranges (70-100)

If I have it controlled, it’s okay to drink, right?
(please don’t yell at me) haha. I hate eating breakfast, I hate eating lunch, I hate eating snacks… so, I drink the frapp in the morning, eat dinner around 630pm and a snack at 900pm.

If I don’t get a frapp, I don’t eat until dinnertime.

I’m killing myself, aren’t I?

awesome numbers after a mocha! Great control.
It’s raining here too. I work on the 12th floor of a skyscraper and the lightning is pretty dramatic to watch!
I’ve been in a stressed, pissed off mood all day long, though.