IMy new Dexcom 7 plus will arrive on Wednesday and I am so excited. But I have a few questions about the Dexcom:
- How waterproof is the sensor and transmitter? I also use the omnipod and can swim with it on with no problems and no insulin lose. Can you do the same with the Dexcom?
- What is the length and angle of the sensor? My omnipod inserts at a 45* angle and this works well because I do not have much fat.
- What is the best place to wear the Dexcom? I use my stomach, above the waist for my Omnipod, which I rotate from left to right every 3 days. Will it work to wear on my back or upper butt area below the waistline? Not sure I could wear it on my arms. I don’t wear my pod on my arms because I am afraid I would knock it off. I live in a house with very narrow doorways and I am very clumsy and always running into them.
- Will the accuracy differ depending on the placem,ent of the sensor?
- Does the sensor work well at night even if it is laid on? I toss and turn quite a bit and have read that pressure from sleeping on the sensor causes it to not be as accurate.
Thanks in advance for all the help.