Steroids Suck and Update

I got put on steroids Fri for a sinus infection that moved into my chest affecting my lungs and bronchial tubes. Between Friday and this morning I went through 300 units of insulin trying to keep my sugars under control. My doctor and I were doing our best to keep me off of them but none of the antibiotics are helping. I am finally breathing easier so I am hoping that things will go easier now.
My gynocologist did some lab work on me as he thought I had PCOS. My doctor walks into the room and says, your labs look weird, I have never seen blood work look like this before. I have hypergonadotropic hypogonadism. Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism is absent or decreased function of the male testes or the female ovaries. It is considered a form of secondary hypogonadism, which means the condition is due to a problem with the pituitary or hypothalamus gland. He is sending me to an endocronologist to see exactly what is causing it.

Steroids alway make your blood sugar go SKY HIGH !! Also being sick will increse your blood sugar. Being sick is ALWAYS a nightmare to control your levels!