Study of the effects of personality and diabetes distress on glycemic control

Ah, I see you presented this in earlier this year at that at least partly answers my question.

Thanks for sharing those interesting results! I find it useful to know that age, perhaps due to experience, is a predictor of self-care. It seems like of the 3 factors identified as contributing to self-care leading to a state of better glycemic control (gender, pump vs. MDI and age...) experience might be the most useful takeaway which, in turn should be studied further.

If the "experience" factors could be communicated succinctly to folks facing challenges, perhaps some shortcuts to improvement across the board could be developed. While artificial pancreases and stem cell implantation are great, there's a lot of improvement that can be developed with the tools at hand through better communication and better conceptualization of how to manage the struggle towards success with the tools we already have. I think a very critical step may be pursuit of civil rights for people with diabetes, particularly the right to know what our blood sugar is at any time and lift limitations on test strip coverage which essentially violate our civil rights. This would remove "you are testing too much" from any dialogue with health care professionals and insurers and put the question where it needs to "if my blood sugar is X and needs to be X-Y or X+Y, what do I do to get it there?" Many of us who are able to control diabetes have stumbled into situations where we have enough supplies. At least in my case, I did the supplies first and then stumbled into more effective control. I suppose that I also have the extroversion advantage but eliminating supply hassles proved to be a huge element in what I've been able to achieve.

Looking forward to seeing more on your results, this is such an important topic.

Your questionnaire asks about how many days a week eat high fat foods - meat and dairy. this may not be a reflection of ‘bad eating habits’, if one is following a low carb diet. I assume this is to test if one is following the ada recommended low fat diet?

Some of the questions made me smile. Like the one where you rate yourself from Stupid to Intelligent. Do you suppose anyone would call themselves Stupid?