Sugars are running high in first trimester

I’m loosing another one at 8 weeks. We didn’t ever hear the heart beat. I was in tight control with an average blood sugar of 104 and my A1c was 6.2. I’m heart broken. This is my third unsuccessful pregnancy and I don’t feel like it was my diabetes but I don’t know what to do. I’m so sad. This miscarriage is not going easily, as my body doesn’t was to let go of it. I’ve been bleeding and cramping for a week, so I’m probably going to need to take medication at some point but that’s hard on me too. My insulin needs haven’t changed. Which is weird. Any idea when I’ll go back to normal?

I’m so sorry to hear that Stephanie… it is just so damn unfair.
I lost mine as well as 11 weeks. There was just no heart beat any more. I had to be operated on, as nothing was happening.
As to when you’ll go back to normal… for me, it was really quick, about a week after the D&C - with a week or two of up and down until i got my basals back to normal.
I’m sorry this had to happen to you - this is my fourth, and i just have to keep reminding myself that i did everything right. Because i did. My a1c was 5.1, my averages were all like yours… sometimes life is just unfair.
I hope that your partner is looking after you and that you can find a space to feel better.

It does begin to happen for everyone and we each experience the climb at individual times. It is not unusual to begin to see this now. Also, you could be having some major hormone surges that can also increase your levels and then they come back down a bit after. I had to adjust my basal, carb:insulin ratio and correction ratios. It is irritating, but if you are testing often and staying on top of it, it is all you can do. It might also mean reducing some of the foods that seem to cause major reactions.

Congratulations and I hope things will become easier for you.