Symlin

Finnaly have a new endo.

Atlanticare in Atlantic City has opened a Joslin Diabetes Center.I am on a continuous glocose monitor for a week. They have added Symlin to the daily process. Hope this go well.

good luck! i hope you get some answers, and hat the new med is successful :slight_smile:

Go check out the Symlin group and find blogs on how to use the stuff- the "cut your insulin in half and take before eating’ recommendation for symlin is woefully inadequate.

I tried Symlin a couple of times. The first time I was pleasantly surprised by the weight loss it caused. It works really well at making you feel full sooner so you eat less. The first time I used it I was way too stupid about it and my regimen was NOT good for Symlin. Once I got my stuff together, I asked to try it again. Cutting my estimated dose in half didn’t seem to work that well. I’d eat and immediately have a BG of 38. Then I tried waiting to give the insulin until I had started to rise. That would make me run really high. I just couldn’t get the hang of it. It has some very good benefits and I wish I could use it well. Good luck with it. I never had any side-effects from it. I hope it all goes well for you. I’ve got a Dexcom 7 Plus that I’ve been using for almost two months now. I don’t know how I lived without it before.