T:Slim x2 suspension low issues

@Dave44 Well I spoke too soon. I should have know anything involving big pharma wouldn’t be that simple. Per the e-mail I received this morning, the empty vials come from another source and must be requested separately, and at a cost (I don’t know how much).

But the diluent is on its way!

Here’s the e-mail

We ship the diluent in packs of 10 vials. Is that amount okay for you?

Also, for the empty sterile vials, those are distributed by a third party on Eli Lilly’s behalf. Ordering, payment, and shipping are all handled by this distributor. Your pharmacy can contact the distributor directly at 877-411-7249.

oh bummer! let us know the charge, pls.

There are options…yes but not good ones! The 670G is dismal in comparison to the X2.

I have had the same issues with Basal-IQ as well. It suspends at 70 back on at 73 then suspends again at 68 while the infused insulin after the resume pushes my glucose to less than 60. This is most definitely an issue.

It is over simplified and does not take into account the many factors that could be working to lower ones glucose.

If Basal-IQ exceeds your expectations then your expectations are set way too low.

1 Like

[quote=“maninabag, post:43, topic:77624”]
It is over simplified and does not take into account the many factors that could be working to lower ones glucose.
[/quote]

Yes, Just like when we control our pumps (or other means of insulin injection) manually. When did I last eat? WHAT did I eat? How much IOB do I have? How active am I and for how long? Etc. And last, but not least, the phase of the moon. EVERY day is an adventure.

Not only that, but my IOB doesn’t always match up well with the speed or severity of my hypos. I can be plenty hypo with zero IOB, despite my basals being correct for most days, at any particular time of the day. Sometimes there is just no good way to determine why I got low. Other times it is obvious–stacking insulin, forgetting to slow the pump down enough for sustained heavy activity, etc. When I know what I did wrong, I get irritated with myself; when there is no rhyme or reason I get pissed at the disease.

2 Likes

I have found that the Basal-IQ works FAR BETTER using Fiasp as compared to Novolog!
With Fiasp, it works wonderfully!
With Novolog, not nearly as nice. I definitely drop lower that I would like if I am not paying attention.
Thing is, we can adjust our basal rates to take advantage of this.
I know I was more aggressive with my basal’s at night with Basal-IQ using Fiasp than I am with Novolog.
I will be getting back on Fiasp my next insulin order most likely for this specific reason.

1 Like

Mine will generally resume around 75…

Getting the vials via Lilly’s distributor was a hassle. If I wanted to use them my pharmacy had to call and place the order on my behalf. No way I was going through this. These types of vials are readily available from medical supply houses. I purchased these, but you can find them almost anywhere.

I made my first dilutions last week. I’m now successfully using U80 Fiasp diluted from U100 fiasp in my pump.

https://www.mountainside-healthcare.com/products/empty-sterile-glass-vial-10ml

2 Likes

$16.60 for 10 of them, including the $4.99 shipping charge. well worth it. (that’s the cost for economy shipping to my area code)

That would be too low if i was dropping. Better just to do it yourself if you’re awake. Someone said theirs resumed much lower I think.