T Sure infusion sets. Anyone having better blood sugars?

I see my doctor in a few weeks and had all my basal testing done. I recently switched over to the sure T’s infusion sets. I find that I may have to redo my breakfast and lunch basals as I am going low on what had previously worked before. I find I will need less insulin. I wonder if the switch has made my insulin work better?

ONLY insofar as other sets became occluded or partially occluded. If other sets were functionally correctly there should be no noticeable change in bg’s. I’ve used all sorts of sets and settled on Sure-T’s because of the lack of problems of any type.

Thanks, I was just wondering.

I’m sensitive to the soft cannula sets and yes, my blood sugars are higher with them. My body will start to reject the set–indicated by a small amount of swelling and redness–and if I don’t change the set my blood sugar will climb. So yes, for me, the Sure-T means lower blood sugars because I don’t react to the steel. Have been using them exclusively since about 1999.

1 Like

I was hitting alot of veins and wondered everytime that I changed my site if it was in a vein and some times when it didn’t drop like it normally would after a correction. I didn’t what to take the infusion set out because that would mean scrapping an infusion set. With the sure t’s I can pull it out and insert it somewhere else if there’s a problem.

I think I know why my blood sugars are better. I have been riding my bike daily for the past few weeks. I am assuming that my bloodsugars are more sensitive because of the exercise I have been getting. It was a coincidence that it started the same time I started using the Sure T infusion sets. I have had to decrease my carb ratios as I was getting too much insulin.

1 Like

When I was pumping, I was able to use the Sure T’s for a long long time. That being said, I had to get off of the pump due to scar tissue and being thin. I never had any luck with the angled teflon sites.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean you should put the Sure-T’s in the closet. :slight_smile: Results are often the result of several factors.

I agree. I like the sure t’s. I have been dealing with gastroparesis for the last 4 days. I don’t have any nausea or vomiting. When I watched my sensor the graph wasn’t behaving like it usually does. I haven’t had a bowel movement in 3 days. I haven’t had this in about a year. I sure hope it resolves itself.

1 Like

Getting plugged up is no fun. Good luck. I take 2 colace per day and also a spoonful of Metamucil. that usually does the trick for regularity for me. oh, and I eat a lot of roughage.

Thanks. I will try the metamucil. I have also ordered some digestive enzymes. They also have a probiotic in them. When I had this before it always has gotten better. It just sucks while it’s happening.

D’Etta Meloche

1 Like

Best natural laxitive in the world is MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides).

Warning: Do not take much more than a teaspoon the first few times. Works far more quickly than any over-the-counter laxitive or stool softener.

Ok. Thankyou.

I prefer a stool softener to a laxative. IMO, laxatives are for a more acute issue than maintenance. For those who don’t know, there is a big difference between softeners and laxatives.

I purchased a stool softener in case I get plugged up again. I have been going as of yesterday so I’m not even sure it is gastroparesis that was effecting me. I have no nausea or vomiting.I was basically going by how long the sensor was taking to go down after eating. I know different foods make the difference. I haven’t had any spikes in my blood sugar.

1 Like

I liked the Sure T’s alot at first but I have been hitting alot of veins with them. They are a 90 degree. I am thin and I was wondering if maybe an angled infusionset would be better. I haven’t tried them since I first started pumping in 2008. Any suggestions?

My suggestion is ask tech support for samples. You don’t want to know what I think of angled sets, but others use them. It can’t hurt (actually it can) to try a variety of sets. I’ve tried every MM set except some of the more recent ones. The only one I have great luck with is the Sure-T. Some will sing the praises of angled sets, so just try them and any others that MM is willing to send you.