T1d , Blood Pressure & High Cholesterol

Hi , How are U
I am Mohammed 30 y/o male , i am Diabetic when i was 9 years old , since 10 years my doc diagnosed me with High Blood Pressure & Hi Colestrole, i toke Lisinopril and amlodibine for High Blood Pressure & i take lipitor For Hi Colestrol LDH
who is the same of my condition ?

1 Like

I share your health characteristics. I’m a long term T1D, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol as well. I take insulin for my blood sugar control and a pill for my high blood pressure but I don’t treat my high cholesterol since I don’t believe it drives heart disease.

You are not alone with these health conditions. Many people with diabetes also have high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

1 Like

It’s very common to have high blood pressure and high cholesterol with diabetes.

I’ve also had Type 1 since I was nine years old and am in my late 30s.

Since my 20s I’ve had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I’m on two medications for my blood pressure (and may have to start a third) and recently started a medication for my cholesterol.

1 Like

I have been an insulin dependent T2 for 25 years. I take zetia and provastatin for cholesterol and Ramapril for blood pressure.

1 Like