T1DM Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and High Intensity Training

Hey Miriam, I’m from Northern Virginia as well. I belong to the Sport and Health club.

@FHS - Good luck. I would get one of those neoprene calf sleeves that some of the track runners wear. It will help to keep everything warm and loose. Make sure you warm up really well and stretch. Fixed calcaneal tendons are like rubber bands glued back together, they are weak on either side of the fix. There is a way to tape your ankle to support it, but I don’t remember how to and you’d need someone to do it for you.

ripped out my 3rd pair of pants in a month. Two out of the thigh and one down the crotch and split the seam down the side. Scary part is two of the pants were loose fit jeans. When I was playing college football I had to wear 40x36 silvertab baggy fit jeans and when I squatted down to get something they were stretched to the max. Don’t want to get that big again, but I won’t complain if I do.

Sorry, I’ve been kind of slacking when it comes to visiting the tudiabetes site and keeping up with all of my friends on here. I have made some progress with my own fitness… and was fit enough to brave a bikini to Mexico last month. I kind of slacked off with my strict diet and trying to get back on track after a month of saying yes to many of my carb cravings. I’ve satisfied the carb-monster for now and preparing for the Tough Mudder at the end of June. My motivation is slightly different than SuFu’s and hopefully one day can compete with these girls (sans fake boobs!) Hope everyone is doing well! :slight_smile:

Great work brownie, you look great! We all have our months where binging is all we want to do! For me, having a little more often keeps everything in moderation rather than getting the huge bad cravings for something.

‎"Bodybuilding is not just a sport; it’s a way of life. If every aspect of your life is not focused on making the sacrifices necessary to build your best physique, you will ultimately fail and never reach your full potential."

Robert Cheeke
Founder & President
Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Great link, pretty much exactly on for me.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/27/how-much-protein-should-i-take-post-workout/

I am speechless. Why would a “vegan” make a statement suggesting that he was willing to make any sacrifice necessary for the sport and then eat celery?

Of course the guy is “HUGE,” what being 6’ and 185 lbs.

I agree with the quote much more than the quotee. Don’t kill the messenger, I just cite the source.

great news for me. the college i’m going to is almost done with its gym renovations! I’ll finally be able to lift again after 4 months. hopefully I havent lost too much as far as maxes go

So, I'm a skinny T1 trying to gain some weight (goal is 20 pounds) I have pretty skinny genes, always has been very hard for me to gain weight. I'm thinking about getting the Rip:60 program and a protein shake from Metrx (whey protein) which as far as I see doesn't have many carbs in it that could raise BG. Any advice from any one of you that has experience in this is much appreciated!

hello,

hello everyone hows it going

Hey guys, anyone have troubles with nausea during cutting season? I find that when dieting and burning fats rapidly I feel sick and often vomit much like when I suffered ketonacidosis as a kid. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Well Jon, Don’t take this above your doctors advice. These symptoms are also caused by dehydration and this happens to everyone. Diabetic or not. Make sure you stay well hydrated. Especially during Cardio, Aerobic or any other exercise you do.