The "Beetus"

Hey everyone!! I hope you’re all doing well. It’s been a while since I’ve been on TuDiabetes.com. I signed up a few months before I tried out for Idol, and, well… Haven’t found much time to keep it updated. I’ve got a few minutes now while I’m out on tour, and I just wanted to stop in and say hello!!! Life on the road has been especially fickle with diabetes, no doubt. My sleeping schedule is all over the place, and the adrenaline from performing affects my levels as well. But no matter how difficult it may be, nothing is impossible with diabetes. I’m having the time of my life, and am healthier than I have ever been.

If you have a child with Type 1 diabetes and are interested in participating in the Childrens Congress next year, Go to the website and fill out an application. I'll be there pushing for funding, hope you will too!!

Love and Good Levels,
-Crystal Bowersox

That’s great! You are a really super ambassador for people with Diabetes, keep up the good work, and good luck on tour.

Congratulations on the tour and thank you for being such an inspiration ~ Even with D, one can still dream big! I hope the tour goes well!

Where will you be touring??? Will you be in the south any time soon??? I would love to go see you!

Good Luck my Type 1 friend!!! Your GREAT!!!

Congrats and enjoy!

Hi Crystal, Glad to hear you are doing well. I just joined TuDiabetes and what a surprise to see your post. I am the mother of a 10 year old type1. Thanks for the info on the Childrens’ Congress. Have fun on your tour! …
Gabriel, my son, is right next to me right now…he’s BG was 66 and I gave him juice, but what I think made his sugars go up to normal is that I just told him I’m writing to you. He’s so excited…he can’t believe it. He thinks you’re the best!
we love ya!
Sandra

I loved watching you every tuesday and Wednesday on idol. You are very talented. I’ve been T1 for 10 months and think it sucks. Glad you are doing so well.

I can’t believe you mentioned the ‘adrenaline’ question !!! I sent you an email b4 reading this…how strange is that?
here is the ‘copy and paste’ I sent to a friend several days ago—ironic, huh?
___________________________________________________________________________________________.
I am curious how she handles the ‘adrenaline’ of success and it’s impact on her blood sugar. I had a tough time of it in the 90’s dealing with success in that biz. And now I live on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and am trying to deal with “coming down”…the challenges of life seem that much harder when you are ‘living by the numbers’ as I like to put it…

being pretty new to actually living a D lifestyle, i’ve never heard of the children’s congres. i’ll check it out for sure.

random…are you on a pump?

and, as lovely as i think ALL the AI artists are…i cannot wait til you are on your own, doing your own thing…

don’t mind Danny, Crystal. He is our resident musicologist however.

anytime you need us, we are here for you!

Good to hear from you, Crystal! Best of luck to you on tour! Type 1 does make everything more of a challenge but it can be done! The pump has made life much easier for me and my numbers are more stable. I am glad you are feeling well! God Bless!

Fan for life!

You have an incredible voice. Such great talent and personality. My best wishes to you and your family, especially your adorable little boy. I hadn’t really been following Idol until I heard the news of your brief hospital stay. Then I saw your song on YouTube “Take a Little Piece of My Heart” and was floored. With a voice and passion like yours, I can only imagine the places it/you will take you. Thanks for putting such an incredible face on D. I am sure the example you give and the awareness you will bring will make a difference. Congratulations on your accomplishments!

Crystal! How do you feel about acting? Forget Amy Adams…maybe you could see yourself in the Janice Joplin biopic?
Congratulations on your success. I am so looking forward to following your career the industry and I hope you are having a blast. Glad to hear you are feeling well.

So great to hear for you, Crystal…! I kept my husband without watching tv on all those days you were on AI, and made him vote for you, too! lol I love your voice, and your music… and I’m excited to see your record when it comes out. I really feel we need a true, unique voice, and talent, out there in the up and coming music industry… and yours is definitely it. I’m proud to have you among our ranks… and fighting for us. :slight_smile: If you can manage your D with all that stress, than I can, too! :slight_smile: Congratulations on everything.

I don’t know how you do it! I can barely get my numbers in the zone and I’m not even on tour! Congratulations on your great success with singing and wishing you ongoing success with the Beetus!

Yay! Continued luck on your tour - cannot wait to see a CD from you. I would tell people during AI that with a voice like your would root you on any day - but the fact that you are a T1 single Mom who has the drive and determination to get where you are today just makes me so proud of you, and I don’t even know you!
Keep on keepin on : )

You are such an inspiration! I am a Type 1 Mom, have two non diabetic children, and appreciate your honesty and advocacy! You are so talented!!! Was a fan from the start! You rock!

Continued sucess in your singing! As my grandmother would say to me, you sing so sweet because you are diabetic…