The Pseudo-End of Anonymity

I knew this time would come. This blog and I may “disappear” here in a couple days. Thanks to all my readers, we’ll see how this stone roles. Thanks to everyone, I may come back as me. I pry won’t because my A1C will give me away pretty quickly. If I don’t get a chance to say it again, Thanks for your support and Good Luck! Never give up, Never give in and Never Quit Trying!

http://diabeticallymindnumbing.blogspot.com/2011/10/pseudo-end-of-anonymity.html

I just found your blog and now you are gone?

We’ll see what happens. There were few posts in my blog that pissed some people off. I pulled them, but we’ll have to see how the ball rolls. I would like to keep going, but admin has already come down on a previous med student blogger and I’m not going to jeopardize my career for a place to vent. If everyone can play nicely in the sandbox I’ll be here for quite a while.

Well I did not see the posts, but I hope you hang around :slight_smile:

Well, I have enjoyed reading your blog, and hope you can continue it if the admin lets you and if you have the time and energy.

One suggestion for you that I have been meaning to write to you: I’m reading a book called How Doctors Think by Jerome Groopman, MD, published in 2007, so maybe out of print. Maybe available in a library? He analyzes why doctors make serious and sometimes fatal mistakes. The vast majority of them are NOT technical errors, but mindset errors. I know you are an extremely bright guy, and I’m not worried about you at all in your acquisition of knowledge, but I would like to get you started on the thinking/analysis/emotional side of doctoring before you even start. And I don’t think they deal with that very much in medical school or internship/residency. I really hope you will find the book and read it.

We have multiple copies of the book in the med student lounge. They were donated by a physician because he thought it was really important for us to read it. I had completely forgot about it until now, but I’m def going to read it. Thanks for the advice! I always have the time and energy to blog, it just takes longer to write worthwhile posts! LOL!

I appreciate your “iniside perspective” on the practice of diabetes and medicine, particularly that recent post about teaching you “all about T1” in a slide, which would be hilarious if it wasn’t sort of true. I don’t always hang out in the “Blogs” section but I found a bunch of yours very interesting and informative, as well as amusingly acerbic.

I hope you keep on blogging Sufu. I enjoy picking up you blogs on Facebook. Cheers! Joanne

Thanks all. I appreciate your support. I’m hopeful that this doesn’t take a turn for the worst and blow up in my face.

Understand that your perception of full anonymity was wrong from the beginning. Anonymity is a spectrum, not a binary condition. You “choose” to reveal clues (including your A1c). You can be part of this community without compromising your privacy. Should you need to “remake” your identity here, you can do that. You don’t have to leave.

Do you have any clue exactly who I am and what I do in my real life?

bsc, you OBVIOUSLY work for MAD Magazine! Anyone could tell that!! LOL!!

And I really don’t care what SuFu’s real identity is. I just want the benefit of his musings, because he has a unique perspective. If they close down his blog at blogspot, he can always blog here – there are lots of us who will continue to read him! :slight_smile:

Do I misunderstand who SuFu is referring to ?? My impression : referring to his class mates and the Admin at Med School , not anyone on TuD . …I could be off base .

Many of us cannot speak openly about our work or career pursuits, that is just the way it is. The fact that SuFu can’t publicly criticize his school without backlash is not surprising. He can however speak generally here about medical education and we do hope he continues.

ps. And I don’t work for mad magazine, nice guess.

I also enjoy reading this blog. Hope you can stay in some form!