Thank You and Goodbye

Thank you to everyone here on Tudiabetes for your support. I'll also be deleting my profile on here. Best of luck in the future.

http://diabeticallymindnumbing.blogspot.com/2012/03/thank-you-and-goodbye.html

I knew this time would come. Every blog has a beginning and unfortunately an end. It has been a fun ride, but it's time for this to come to an end. It's not about the topic, the readers or anything about me as a person. Rather this is more about my career. At the beginning of the blog I was a PhD student and quite honestly, nothing in the blog would affect me or my career. However as a medical student we are constantly under the microscope, both publicly and also internally. In speaking with a good friend of mine who has been through the roll of blogging during medical school, we both feel that this is a good point to shut this thing down. One of the cool things about the internet and some of its tools is seeing where people are reading from. There are additions to the blog where I can see what time people visit and what their IP address is. Along with their IP address is also their location. From that you can search the IP and figure out where they are viewing from. I've known for quite some time that the direct administration of the medical school has been checking in on my blog. Additionally, it has been worrying me lately that there have been visits from the higher ups on the main campus of the medical school.

Best of luck. Take care.

Sorry to see your blog go, but I can relate. I'm a teacher and I tried blogging about it, but it's very difficult to talk about anything that happens in the classroom without worrying about confidentiality. I now only talk about the broader issues and my views on them, rather than trying to document the day-to-day life of a teacher.

Woody said it best. We'll miss you bud!

:( Sorry to see you go. Best of luck with your studies. Hope you will let us know how everything is going once in awhile? Joanne

At any time you can come back with a new more private profile. Best of luck to you and your scientific work.