Tired of fighting

Did we ever figure out how Dex was calculating it? I think we all decided it was proprietary and gave up. That’s the last thing I remember…

I will agree that it’s not an easy figure to come up with, after the fact.

But I think 4-6% is an underestimate, not an overestimate.

I’ve been to ER several times for hypos and probably should’ve been brought to an ER a couple other times too. But other than initial diagnosis I’ve never been to hospital for hyperglycemia.

Since way more than 6% of my ER visits have been for hypos I’m very willing to believe that the hypo death rate for T1’s is more than 6%.

Never mind the scary things like the possibility of me wrapping a car around a tree because I’m hypo, killing me AND my family. I mean, the scare is good, it makes sure I check my bg all the time before driving.

@Terry4, it went on for months. I started calling it ‘flatline’ data and told you that flatlining was not always an indication of good health. I started poking at you with a sharp stick. I’m sorry about that, even if you don’t remember it. I was really frustrated. Trolls were popping outta nowhere, following me around to every post, telling me that the system was strictly deterministic. That made me mad because people had been telling me that for decades and it was, so clearly, not true. I felt like I had been lied to for decades when I first saw Dexcom data. I’m over it, now. I think that people need to feel like they have control over the data and complexity sometimes threatens that and makes them afraid. At least, that’s my best guess about what went down. Those were the bad days. happy music

1 Like

Much better. Almost everything impacts me. Weather Changes, altitude, stress…

I just lowered the overnight basal and waited. It finally calmed down.

Sometimes I freak and don’t wait to let a couple of days settle.

Did get low this morning, mad at my husband for bothering me. Poured a 1/2 small bottle of Apple juice over my head.

Finally drank some and came around…sticky, but ok. Ain’t T1 grand?

1 Like

Thanks all!

1 Like

Yes, I am right there with you. Type 1 is getting the best of me lately. Yesterday I took my BG two hours after eating and it was over 200. I said to myself that I better walk so I went on a long walk in the neighborhood. I did not feel good. I couldn’t pay attention to nature, just plod along until I was finished. I came in and was happy that I concluded walking and I took my glucose and it was over 300.

Damn. Lately my BGs are so high and all over the place. I started gaining weight and had to increase my insulin. So now the fight begins. I see the Endocrine doctor in exactly one month. Can I take my BG five times a day and make a chart for her and track my BG and food? Can I lose five pounds, or even two. Can I start turning fat to muscle? Bad things are happening…high blood pressure, high BGs. I am stressed. I am mad. I do this all the time. My weight goes from very thin, too thin to overweight like a rollercoaster lately. It is a daily struggle for me too Lately I find this all very boring. How can we put some joy into diabetes. I need to know that as well.

Praying for you Sue, I absolutely feel you.

I don’t know how long you’ve had T1, but the only consistency of T1 is that things aren’t consistent. Things (i.e. your insulin needs) change. Being able to have 8 different carb:insulin rations, 8 different insulin sensitivity factors (what is used to calculate a correction dose - as well as your meal bolus) and 9 different basal rates throughout the day is one of the major reasons I am a big fan of pumping.

1 Like

55 years. Long time T1.

Then there is just the “diabetes Sucks” explanation. I hear ya, and if I were closer geographically (of course I don’t know where you are) I’d have your back.