To pump or not to pump

I have been trying to decide whether or not to go back to my insulin pump.

Long story short...I started out on shots and then ended up going on a pump for about 5 years. And all throughtout this time on the pump I was struggling with diabulimia (even though I didn't know it at the time). I always let my basal run so I wouldn't go into DKA. I was taken off the pump because I was not "using it properly." Now that I have been in treatment for diabulimia and want to get better, I'm thinking about going back to the pump, but I'm not sure what the best thing to do is?

Any thoughts?

you have to be very sure that you won’t slip into that diabulimia phase again, it is easier to do that sort of thing on a pump if you think about it, but once you’ve stuck a needle in your arm or leg, the insulins in there, there’s nothing you can do to stop it working, but with a pump it’s easy to disconnect it. i went through a slight phase of diabulimia when i got my pump, but i would’nt exactly call it that, i disconnected the pump and made myself go higher and higher because i was near suicidal and had a lot of ■■■■ going on, but it’s all delt with. you have to be fully over diabulimia, but the pump in the end was the best choice for me, it’s given me better control all round + i did even lose a little bit of weight at first :slight_smile: