Today is a sad day

Jacquie and Elliot have been good friends of ours for years…we’ve gone out with them every 5-6 weeks usually to a new restaurant each time…and usually to a place Jacquie had heard or read about and was eager for us to try. Our kids are close to the same age and there was always plenty to update each other about what’s transpired in our families over the prior few weeks…not to mention that Jacquie was a hoot and knew more about what was going on in our circle of friends plus just about everything else in the whole wide universe!

And Jacquie and I always talked about our A1C scores and joked about “shooting up” before our latest to be had gastronomique experience…you know how it is being diabetic…your frame of reference with your fellow insulin-challenged beings is just a little special.

Jacquie had just celebrated her 60th birthday in March with a party Elliot had organized at the Swinging Door BBQ joint…and with some other friends, we were ready to cruise together on the Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston in January 2008…

My wife got the call from mutual friend Jan around 5 yesterday afternoon…Jacquie had died after a heart attack at the beauty shop where she had a standing 10 a.m. appointment. Frankly, besides diabetes, she had had all kinds of other medical issues…diet and heart related…and she was down about it. Now we learn that she had not been feeling well for several days and she put off going to the doctor because she probably knew she would be spending more frustrating and depressing days in the hospital and was just putting it off. Would you believe she had told Elliot she would go to the emergency room that morning…but only after she made her standing hair appointment?

Aw, Harold, Im so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a really wonderful lady. :frowning:

Hi Harold, sorry for your loss. Friends like Jacquie are to be treasured.

I am very sorry to read this… Makes you put things in perspective, huh?

On the bright side, it seems like you guys spent some great times together and those memories will always be there with you.

How’s Elliott doing?

I’m so sorry about your loss. It sounds like you were both lucky to have each other as a friend.

My sympathies…I know how hard it is to lose someone so close to you.

Thanks to all of you for your support…Jacquie’s husband Elliot and their two kids, their extended family and friends are all still numb from how quick life changes…we had just gone out with them last weekend. We had a great evening remembering Jacquie through shared anecdotes and stories. Several lessons here for the rest of us…live as how you want to be remembered…don’t hold grudges especially with family members…don’t ignore medical warning signs…don’t delay prescribed medical tests or doctor visits because you are afraid they might find something… let your spouse/significant other/children/parents know how much you love them everyday…