Tomorrow I switch from the Spirit to the Combo and

I'm excited and a little nervous. I've read and heard so many good things about the Combo so I hope the thing is all it's said to be. I'm on my 4th Spirit in 18 months (without a clue as to what I'm doing to cause them to die such horrible deaths, hahaha) and I hope the Combo is a bit more durable and not so sensitive to whatever is killing the Spirits.

On the other hand, I'm nervous. The thought of switching to a new pump is a little intimidating for me. Bless Roche's heart, though. The nearest training is close to 6 hours away and since the free upgrade program is about to end and I can't there before the end of the program, they're sending the trainer to my house! How awesome is that? Pretty awesome, I'd say! It's no wonder I'm a Roche fan.

Anyway, good thoughts appreciated and if any of you have advice on adjusting to the Combo or things to do/not do, I'd love to hear from you. :)

Thanks!

Denise

Congratulations Denise! I received my Combo last November and love it. It’s essentially the same device as the Spirit so there’s no reason to worry about the change. In fact, I rarely have to mess with the pump itself except to change cartridges; almost everything is handled from the meter itself. As far as your past history with pumps … well, I think you suffer from the same malady as my oldest son, he goes through cell phones like you go through pumps. I call it his “aura”. Some folks and technology just don’t go together well. Hopefully you’ll have better luck with the Combo. Good luck!!

Thanks, Craig! I know a few people who have switched from the Spirit to the Combo and they've told me the same thing so I'm sure I'll handle it well. The Roche reps have all told me the problem with my pumps is my magnetic personality. LOL, they're so silly!

Okay, so I've had the Combo a little over 12 hours and am already deeply in like with it and I think that will soon develop into love! So far, so good. :)

My thing with the Combo is that I really like how it calculates boluses
They use an interesting fomula for it, which is better than some other devices..

And you really can do almost everything from the remote, moreso than another competitors pump (Ping anyone?) I had a loaner from Roche for a few months and it really was a nice upgrade...

Are you still enjoying your Combo pump? I'm going to be officially on this pump this coming Tuesday 8/20/13. I hope all is going well for you :)

Hi everybody!

I'm in the Combo for about a month and loving it!!
Here in Brasil, things don't go so smoothly in regards of health programs and diabetes support. But I'm writing here just to say that Roche is being amazing! I had one training evening with the Combo at my house a few months ago when I did a 30 days "test drive" of the pump. When I finally received mine last month I had another evening with the Roche rep in my house again. I've been sending her reports of my therapy (being use Accu-Chek 360 software to download data from the pump and monitor to my computer) every week. She speaks to my doctor and we've being doing little adjustments to the therapy.
So besides being in love with the pump, I'm very happy with Roche support too

I can't say enough good things about the Roche reps.

When I was first diagnosed, I was so bad off my CDE insisted I use the Roche Aviva Expert meter (essentially just the meter from the Combo).

Jeff from Roche would come twice a month to my employer, download my meter data, and send it to my CDE. On one of those visits, I asked about pumping and he pulled his Combo out of his pocket and asked "What do you want to know?".

The following Monday (on Memorial day no less), he gathered all my data, sent it to my insurance company the next day, and the following Monday, my starter kit arrived at my office.

I'm going for training at my doctor's office on Tuesday. I really can't wait.