Too Good to be True?

Don’t know if there were loafers at their store. I got the impression it was more of a gossip fest with everyone stopping by to exchange the latest news.

Yep, knishes are baked. Has a cornmeal in the crust & is bigger than a pierogie. Here’s a pic of a potato knish. There’s also kasha knishes & these typically have a flaky crust & are round. Kasha is buckwheat groats cooked with onion.

Flaky kasha knishes, oh boy! Now THIS is a meal :slight_smile:

Well if I ever decide to fall off the low carb wagon this would be a good way to go. That flaky kasha knish looks yummy, At least the pickles are carb friendly. Here’s an interesting article about the pickle in NYC. Apparently the pickle was considered un American and even dangerous around the turn of the century.

Great pickle story. Hilarious if it weren’t true. The author needs to know that real pickles have no vinegar:)

Flaky kasha knishes are to die for.

Oh man…haven’t had a knish in over 20 years.

Oops, please add lavash to my order! Forgot about that.

OMG Judith, we had no novacaine either. It sucked big time ;( I have a great dentist now (he’s eye candy too, which helps LOL). Had NO2 for cleanings until recently, it really kicks in some old tapes.

I found it on Amazon…http://www.amazon.com/VirgilS-Diet-Root-Beer-6x4/dp/B0048KF9ZE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1312524956&sr=8-7

Actually, my local health food store carries Virgil products, I just never noticed. After this thread, I did notice and bought a carton of the Zero Root Beer, and oh yes, it is good. Esp. with a little scoop of Edy’s Vanilla Ice Cream. Real nostalgia – an honest-to-goodness root beer float that tastes good, and with manageable carbs. Thanks!