Travel anxiety

I tend to get somewhat anxious about travel. That’s me, anxiety-prone. I can’t just throw some things in a bag and go like some people do, though. This new rigamarole with the airport is also a bit much - maybe I should post about that separately. It’s not necessarily diabetes-related, but the diabetes sure does complicate it.

We’re going to Massachusetts this weekend. I used to bring the food and drinks I needed with, but since we can’t do that anymore I’ll have to find somewhere to buy food and drinks (as well as pay for them). I had to get an overnight ticket for Wednesday because it was 70% cheaper, and I do not do well on overnight flights when I can’t get enough sleep. Thursday is the only day we could get together with people (since we’ll be on an island the rest of the time), but now I’m not sure if I’ll even be <i>human</i> that day after the flight.

I’ve said before, it’s almost like I need a vacation from my vacation. Now, I know what people say. They say, “relax” and “it’s not a big deal” and “you’re too _______.” I know they mean well, but I don’t think they know what it’s like. It’s almost like having ASD - I get overwhelmed by too many stimuli, like talking to new people, being in pain, the whole security thing, having huge bg swings (which happens with travel), not being able to have the stuff I need with me, not getting enough sleep. I basically turn into a travel zombie. Maybe I can take a long nap on Thursday before dinner. I guess we’ll see.

I really do like seeing people, but I wish there was a better way!