Tresiba making me go low?

Hey everyone, new here. Have been looking for as many forums as possible in the T1D community. I have been a T1 for about 10 years. I have been on Tresiba for at least a year. I started out taking my Tresiba (30 units) at night before I went to bed. Tended to be a little high during the night time. So recently, back in May of this year I think, my doctor recommended I take it in the morning, I started to slowly push it back a few hours (without really being aware) until I just started taking it between 1-3 pm. I have begun noticing the past week or so that every morning between 430am and 530am I am going low, around 70. I am not steadily dropping when this happens as I can see it on my Dexcom, but if I look at the trend for the whole night it just drops throughout the night and I can’t figure out why it is not stable throughout the whole night. Anything helps!

I’ve only been on Tresiba for a few months, but also changed the time I take it due to some overnight lows. I currently take my dose every morning at 5:30 A.M. That being said, I’ve noticed a very slight peak around the 10 to 14 hour mark.

Some things to look into:

1. Lowering your dose. You may be taking too much Tresiba. A few daytime and nighttime basal tests would show any downward/upward trends.

2. Splitting your dose into morning/night. I don’t have any experience with it, but you may want to look into splitting your dose if the lows don’t go away. I know that some on the forum have split their dose (one shot in the morning, one at night) with great success.

3. Break down your 30u dose into three shots (10/10/10) in three different locations. Some have seen the insulin work a little more evenly when they take smaller shots.

Also, have you changed anything in the past week? (e.g. exercise, diet, stress, etc.)

1 Like