Truth in advertising- Atkins

i was looking on a box of Atkins Snacks advertising 3 net carbs and saying they deduct ‘sugar’ from Carbs. hunh? i thought sugar was toxic. Anyway i am sure some of you are familiar with all this. What is the deal?

from webite: "How to Calculate Atkins Net Carbs

Atkins Net Carbs = Total Carbohydrates – Fiber – Sugar Alcohols/Glycerin (if applicable)"

1 Like

I take 1/2 of the fiber and 1/2 of the sugar alcohol away from total carb count. I do avoid sugar alcohol though.

1 Like

I have simply, through trial and error, found which Atkins products I like and don’t give me a blood sugar spike. And then I don’t worry about it. I love having a few of the frozen dinners in the freezer just for how handy they are—I gave up on cooking when my husband retired and he enjoyed doing it…

I find the snack bars mostly too high, but always have one in my purse, just in case. Same with the “shakes”—having hated breakfast most of my life, they are a boon if I am in danger of feeling shakey—like the snack bars, the shakes are also great for emergencies when out and about…

They’re deducting sugar alcohols, not sugar. The effects of sugar alcohols can vary.