TUD Site - Now Functional

Checking - Site back up?

Apparently

2 Likes

ouch - wonder what happened.

Move from Forum Guidelines - TuDiabetesTuDiabetes to forum.tudiabetes.org completed?
The chat on the homepage doesn’t seem to be working, however.

The “Admin Team” links are also not working from the TUD main page.

But most of the “forums” portion of the site appears functional now.

1 Like

I think that my password was wiped out, and finally just now TuD has accepted a new one.

3 Likes

Me too, had been having problems, ok now. I put a new password in.

2 Likes

Apparently they wanted to fix something security related and messed up the whole site.
forum seems to be working as of now…

2 Likes

Thanks Swiss.

1 Like

We should be all good now. Still working on some things but the site is functional now.

2 Likes

My withdrawal symptoms should subside any moment…

6 Likes

Yes, they did at least remove the insecure HTTP communication they were using before. Now it is running with HTTPS which means they are encrypting traffic between the browser and the website.

But they are still using TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for browser compatibility reasons. No reason. Chrome v30 and up, Firefox v27 and up, and IE v11 and up all support TLS 1.2.

I guess the only reason they are keeping TLS 1.0 is for the people using Windows 98 or XP. :roll_eyes:

Support for TLS 1.0 should be removed. That version of TLS is vulnerable to attacks like BEAST (Browser Exploit Against SSL/TLS), which can be used to decrypt secure HTTPS communication.

$nmap --script ssl-enum-ciphers -p 443 forum.tudiabetes.org

Host is up (0.0098s latency).
PORT STATE SERVICE
443/tcp open https
| ssl-enum-ciphers:
| TLSv1.0:
| ciphers:
| TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (secp256r1) - A
| TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (dh 2048) - A
| TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (secp256r1) - A
| TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (dh 2048) - A

[output snipped]

there was a chat room that we were all able to get into and its not there…so the forums must be working but not the chat

It’ll be back in a while :slight_smile:

Chat is back!

Logging in again can take awhile. Like figuring out how much insulin you’ll need before going to Chuck E Cheese.

1 Like

Putting a note on the homepage wasn’t an option? After 24 hours or so I started to wonder if maybe the whole organization was kaput.

Yes, the people who worked the IT and coding for the communities and Discourse during migration left a big mess in the backend, now paying (literally) the consequences. We expect more backend updates, but no major outages like the one this week. We now can say “We have an IT guy on call”. :slight_smile:

Honestly, we never thought it would take so much time to be back online. :frowning:

1 Like

@Mila - The point is well made by @DrBB. When something unexpected happens, it is typical for a notice to be put up on the main page.

That would be the professional thing to do. Even if you don’t have root cause analysis or ETA for services to be properly running.