Twittering my use of Symlin

I started using Symlin yesterday. I have been trying to post as much as I can about the experience on Twitter: http://bit.ly/HaGSD

Congrats. I’ve been on Symlin for maybe 4 months (?) now and it has been a dream come true for me. I hope you like it. I don’t use Twitter, but will be around here. Let me know if you have any questions. There are also a few others on the site who have been using it much longer than me who could answer questions about long-term effects.

Symlin has made such a difference in my post prandial spikes, they pretty much disappeared. I never had any nausea or any other effects so I think my body was just very greatful to have it’s missing hormone back again. I think I have been using it for 1&1/2 years now but I can’t remember for sure. I wouldn’t want to stop.

Thanks for sharing with us; I have been kind of wrapped up in moving, work and a dozen other things in recent weeks, but I have watched Scott Johnson’s, Bernard Farrell, and even Allison Blass’ (she decided to discontinue Symlin) experiences and am taking notes on the day when my own endo will get around to having T1DM patients use it.

Thanks for sharing Manny. I started Symlin Dec. 3rd and I’m generally pleased with the results. I’m very insulin resistant in the morning and although it’s helped post prandial spikes with that morning meal some, the BGs are still not quite where we’d like them. I’m a type 1.5 LADA, pretty lean and athletic. I’m currently at a 120mcg dose (a type II dose). It’s not lowered my insulin dose nor does it make me feel full. Sometimes it feels like a little indigestion. My after lunch and dinner #s are great though. I’ve finally resigned myself to a very low carb diet and exercise as much as possible. Such if life.