Type 1 diabetes and pregnancy! :P

All I’ve ever wanted is to be a mother, it just feels like it’s going to be impossible to even get pregnant. I’m sure there are a lot of type 1 diabetic mothers on here, can any of you just tell me what your experience getting and being pregnant was like? Was it easier than you thought? Were there any complications? Any information would be awesome! Thanks :slight_smile:

hi Raven, please join this group

http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/ohbaby

lots of success stories!

Hi Raven, I felt just like you and was so frightened that my dreams of being a mother would be complicated by diabetes. I have 2 healthy boys

Sorry I got cut off lol my first boy came as a very welcome surprise but my second took a year and a half to concieve. I worked close with my endo & OB I use a paradigm Minimed pump to maintain A1C of 6 or better. It is SO possible!! I’m living proof :slight_smile:

Hi Raven,I was on insulin shots during my pregnancies.Getting pregnant was very easy for me.I kept myself on a strict regiment.I had to test 2 hours after each meal to make sure I was at a good blood sugar level.The only problem I had was that my feet swelled up during the last few months.Both of my children were healthy.I had my first naturally and my second was taken a week early by csection.I had more difficulty regulating my sugars after the pregnancies.I eventually went on the pump.Good luck.You can email me if you have any questions.

Hi Raven! I was in your shoes & I can say that it is possible & SO worth it. :)