Type 2 issues

Sorry for your loss of your Mother-in-law. I eat oatmeal every morning, have for 40 years. I am a morning exerciser. I do walk later in the day also. My last A1C was 6.3 So I decrease my carbs as the day goes. Night meal is a vegetable and protein yes,I occasionally eat something extra. Yesterday spring 1 x rhubarb crisp. Today morning bus was 81. Love working outside,too. We are all different. Type 2, 28 years. Nancy50

Lots of water does help lower food spikes for a type 2. At least that has been my experience.

I eat out once or twice a year and on those few occasions, consume more carbs than normal but my meter readings were surprisingly good. I couldn’t understand that. Then, I finally realized that in a restaurant, I was drinking a full glass of water while i waited for my meal to arrive, and another full glass of water after eating while visiting with others at my table. Plus, I would consume even more water if they kept filling my glass.

Yes, the added water, was the reason my meter readings were good.

I eat pizza, but just the topping.
Hamburgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches without bread.
Just the pecans and pumpkin in holiday pies – no crust.
And still, I have to exercise for a few minutes afterward.
Forced into fitness. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is an area I am sorely lacking in. I need to move more, regardless of what ails me! Thank you for the reminder!

1 Like