Types of insulin- question

This is some good information, thank you for sharing!

Yes, I am highly allergic to the Levemir & Lantus. I get blood red and hot, swell up almost an 1'' off my skin & when injecting, it feels like a blow torch going thru my body. The endocrinologist I was seeing at the time said she only saw a few reactions like mine but it seems we were all allergic to the additive they put into the insulin to preserve it? The companies that make it also had me send in each bottle so that a rep. from the company picked it up from the endo's office so they could do studies on the bottles.

My novolog basal rates now are
12a-3a 3.0
3a-6a 3.1
6a-9a 2.2
9a-8pm 2.3
8pm-12am 2.1

Thanks for the information.

I can understand your frustrations. I am a T1 and have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which amounts to serious insulin resistance. Since I am trying to start a family, I have been switched from Lantus to NPH with Novolog. My OB wants really tight control, fasting 65-95, and 1 hour post meals between 65-140.
NPH, Novolog, and intense exercise is the only way I can accomplish this. I have to workout extra hard, and the scale shows minimal. If I want to keep positive I can only pay attention to body transformations. Running, my new hobby has given me great results.

In any event, I know all about weight gain and the inability to lose the weight. It is awful. I wish there was a pill or something we could take, but there is not. We have to work harder, and it sucks sometimes. Best wishes going off your pump... I prefer the poor-man's pump too. :0)

Thank you so much for sharing KML! i wish you all the very best with starting your family :O) We will want to see baby pics when it comes time :O)