WANTED: pump therapy....tired of the see saw of brittle type 1

Hi

I have been a t1 for going on 26 years, and the doctor has recently switched my insulin to humalog in conjunction with Nph, which does give me tighter control, but some days it has me on 6 or seven shots, when I used R and Nph it was a basic two shot a day.... Im currently receiving health care from the county office as my job does not give me adequate coverage... does any body know of , or have any suggestions to getting on pump therapy , with out the obvious out of pocket??

at last ENDO's office visit she said that it would be a more viable approach to dealing with my diabetes, but could not offer me any contention to the cost obstacle...

any suggestions would be appreciated...

My diabetes changed completly when I was first put on the insulin pump in 2000…my A1C went down from almost 12 to around 7…however a couple years later the sites where I was putting the infusion set began to get infected. I almost always had to change the site every day and my endo couldn’t tell if it was the sticky tape part or the tubing inside the skin…we still haven’t figured out but what I do know is that my blood sugar is no longer in control without the pump, I’ve been off for 3 years and struggling everyday for control, my A1C is now at 9.9 and climbing…something to think about and good luck!